Forums

Help › Forums

Heads UP: Downtime tonight + Upcoming changes ...

Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:39 PM (151 replies)
  • tnguytim
    50 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 6:12 PM

You want to make the Game more real????  ICON Make it where u can hit  out of the BUNKER. Cause I do play REAL golf And bunker shots are Not that hard. Half or more of wgt playes shot Roll into the bunker and you get a 40/50 lie. Watch the PGA  They hit greens from 200+ out. ty...

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 6:20 PM

i get more  saitisfaction making a 60 f   putt   ,  then  using a wedge on the green  for same result ...  not the same feeling for me  ....  its up to the player , i dont use  a wedge on greens  by choice

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 11:53 PM

So does Mick Jagger

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 12:11 AM

piztaker:

LOLserver:

Someone said in another thread that players who use the wedges on the green, it is simply because they can not putt properly or not at all. 

They were wrong.

Sorry to disagree m8 but it is true.

I, lately, play lots of random alternates at Oly to find many, many players using wedges on the green. I never complain but if I feel players are friendly chatters, I mention my opinion about "at least try the putt to learn", yes the "etiquette" is a very good thing for every one and certainly more enjoyable.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 12:23 AM

I choose whichever method is more likely to get the better result. I can greenwedge and putt.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 12:45 AM

I am glad WGT have taken this decision regarding wedges on the green. I say that as someone who has used this shot frequently. Anything that brings a bit more thought back into the game is a good thing in my opinion.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 1:07 AM

For instance if you land 30 ft short on #3 Olympic green. There really is no other choice but chip imo. Pop in up there with the wedge/knock in close. But there will be no adding spin on the green.

I have seen guys chip on the green/ "pick" the ball with a wedge & spin it,,,never left a divot or a mark on the green. Hell don't Phil Michelson do that now? If he do a backwards flop shot.

I also saw Zack Johnson chip up from 50 ft on a green to get it up & stop it i.e. SPUN it, lo & behold with a wedge on the green, fancy that &never left any divot ,made par IRL.He did it in that match a while back with Tiger, Tiger won? Just my 2 sense.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:34 AM

Anyone figure out the surprise??? Pebble Beach?? You guys were in the neighborhood filming Olympic!!!!!

HAWK

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 11:27 AM

how bloody annoying to have to read 12 pages of this and still not know what the surpise is.

Yes WGTIcon I have a question?

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Jun 1 2012 11:35 AM

oneeyedjohn:

how bloody annoying to have to read 12 pages of this and still not know what the surpise is.

Probably not as annoying as finding out the answer is on page 5.

RSS