Forums

Help › Forums

Heads UP: Downtime tonight + Upcoming changes ...

Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:39 PM (151 replies)
  • Dianne81
    773 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 7:01 PM

Im going to agree with spammage on this. Romax,  your play on the greens has the biggest room for improvement that I see in your stats. Even using wedges on the greens, almost 10% of the time you have 3putts or worse to get into the hole. With more putter practice you can all but eliminate 3 putts and increase your 1 putt percentage. Wedges make for cool replays and I'm sure its a thrill when you sink them but gain proficiency with your putter and watch your scores drop.

One Putt % 32.19%
    Two Putt % 58.41%
    Three Putts or More % 9.40%
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 7:15 PM

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 7:40 PM

Richard4168:

I hear ya Rich;)

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 8:03 PM

I just got a pop-up saying the site will be down for updates at 11:00 PM Pacific time tonight. 3 updates in less than 2 weeks. Could it be something big??

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 8:04 PM

Romax:

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=1b0f327b-44a0-48f4-a811-a0540125f462   Now how can anybody say chipping on the green is wrong ? The goal in golf is to drop the ball in the cup in as few strokes as possible. It is in the rules too ! Read 'em and weep !

i completely understand why you choose to use a wedge on the green. for sure it's 100% more accurate than the spyder in your bag lol.

you can steer a car with your feet but that don't make it a good idea.

get a decent putter and practise with it. you'll get better results.

tbe

• mongobeast1
    26 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 8:06 PM

how about reimbursing every1 tht practiced punch and got good at(balls time).

u also just devalued my very expensive balls and wedges

ive only plyd 4 a short time but punch on the greens was fun and a change of pace

used the shot sparingly yet it is needed on sum shots

as far as reallity mikleson could put spin on a ball off of cement lol

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 6:00 AM

Hahahaha . My post of that replay was a test to see how many forum "dwellers" would see it and take a shot at my method (pardon the pun). I use the wedge because it is fun and I really don't give a rats azz about what others think. I play for fun and trying new tricks to get the ball to drop is part of that for me. I have no problem with it if my critics can find a way to putt from the bunker and drop one.  Cheers ! BTW Dianne81-----since u took the time to check my stats, did u happen to notice I have 179 Eagles? A lot of them were made with the wedge. Some on the green and some off.Believe it or not I actually made several with the putter too. :)) 

• jcgfree
    1,109 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 11:52 PM

This is some good stuff. Never laughed so much in my life. I'm gonna have to start reading forums more. Better than reading the Sunday Comics.   LMAO!!!!

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 7:03 AM

Thankyou for your words of wisdom Spammage. It is very encouraging to know that one day I may be able to shoot a respectable game.I will keep practicing and see if I can achieve that "respectable" distinction.Would you consider changing your handle to "Spareme" ? If the shot was not allowed it would not be available to use.  

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 8:35 AM

I wasn't in any way referencing your scores - your just posting those scores in a way that won't be respected by most players. 

RSS