Forums

Help › Forums

Dear WGT Community...

Wed, Feb 10 2016 1:05 AM (178 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:35 AM

brimar15:

WGTwildcat .., I was wondering as to why when you play either WGT sponsered or CC sponsered tournys , you can not invite another player to join you . Playing alone in these tournys is not as fun as playing with someone .. Is there some reaon as to why you cannot set-up the tournys this way .

I'll take that.

there are 3 reasons:

1. there is no infrastructure for this. But, that's because of reason #2

2. Most people do not want to play with a partner because of the pace, distraction, and many claim performance/meter is better. Since the goal is to post best score, those are pretty major factors

3. It would be unfair, since potentially, partner can give the participant reads on the putts, wind conditions, and other things.

I realize it would be fun for some and obvious social aspect (which we love), but I think those 2 reasons outweigh that.

-wgticon

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:33 PM

WGTicon:

2. Most people do not want to play with a partner because of the pace, distraction, and many claim performance/meter is better. Since the goal is to post best score, those are pretty major factors

3. It would be unfair, since potentially, partner can give the participant reads on the putts, wind conditions, and other things.

#2 Most people?  A bit overgeneralized IMO.  Even then, some of those that don't want to, will still play it, because its a CC tournament or because a friend asked them to play.  If pace, distraction and meter were a real big problem, most wouldn't play match play, alt shot, or blitz? Their game just couldn't be at its best right?  Why are those forms so popular?

#3. Not a big problem to worry about, especially in CC comps.  I've run across this trying to coach players.  First of all the shot clock limits how much conversation can occur during a shot, then not many people are able to give advice on all the different clubs and ball combinations off the top of their head (Icon can I'm sure).

I think playing with other CC members in a tournament would be a great addition.

• steved1951
    129 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2012 6:59 AM

Not sure where to send but i need some help from someone at wgt.  I had a member of my country club (Texas Roundup) who was somehow dropped from my club.  I have since added him back but he wants to know if his old join date to my club could be corrected to his original join date.  His name is HarryBunker.  His original join date was 10-24-11 but now shows 08-04-12 since I had to readd his name.  Any help would be appreciated.  He is one of my older members and like he says makes him feel like an oldtimer in the club.  Thanks!!

• 100plus
    801 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2012 7:11 AM

andyson:

WGTicon:

#2 Most people?  A bit overgeneralized IMO.  Even then, some of those that don't want to, will still play it, because its a CC tournament or because a friend asked them to play.  If pace, distraction and meter were a real big problem, most wouldn't play match play, alt shot, or blitz? Their game just couldn't be at its best right?  Why are those forms so popular?

#3. Not a big problem to worry about, especially in CC comps.  I've run across this trying to coach players.  First of all the shot clock limits how much conversation can occur during a shot, then not many people are able to give advice on all the different clubs and ball combinations off the top of their head (Icon can I'm sure).

I think playing with other CC members in a tournament would be a great addition.

I  own a CC and from coversing with many membrs thru our teamspeak setup the opportunity to play CC Tournys with other member would be great.I have found the majority of payers I have met on WGT are playing not just for the game but to meet new people and have fun which is why alt.shot is so popular.For those payers who do not want the distraction of a shot clock or conversation they could just play by themself by not using an option button to invite other cc members.

Trev aka 100plus Laff N Play CC

• royt57
    12 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2012 8:38 PM

yes but u need a page were every 1 can really see both side of whats happpening i been playing for over 2 years every day. they didnt have levels yet so when u started levels i had 668 day consecutive days straight going for a personal record for 2 years just  to take a pic and post it on my wgt page. and it was wape out i started from day 1 again a few weeks ago and today it did it to me again im at day 1 and i wrote wgt and ask nicely what happen wgt didnt write me back to say anything about what happened. i know ppl get crazy but a lot of  this it because they dont get any feedback can anyone tell me why i lost my daily points for real.  just saying i really love wgt but when something bad happens and u send it in and dont get  any respone. we all can under stand why ppl  get  mad  please post this and think about the other page thnx royt57.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2012 12:04 AM

andyson:

Andyson,

I for one always play better in a RG than in a group...just a "flow of the game" for me.

Hence the reason I rarely play MPC or skins for credits...unless with friends...ala AS for really the fun/bantering that goes with it as well as blitz with friends.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2012 8:21 PM

Mike, I wasn't thinking RGs (I'm not allowed in AZ) I was thinking CC tournaments.  I'm thinking the vast majority of members play here for fun and IMO the feature would add fun to CC tournaments.

• crosswordace
    11 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 6:07 PM

Dear wildcat,

I've been a Wgt member for a few months and am wondering... since turning Pro my game has gone into a nose dive, I wasn't all that great, but I was still having fun and making some good shots. Birdies here and there, a good amount of pars. Now it's Dbl. bogey's and worse. 

It could be my PC, but it seems to have started as soon as I turned Pro.

Your thoughts please.

Thanks, Matt

• Jettamax
    47 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 4:39 PM

Hi I have a ? about this WGT nation thing ... I've been here about 1 & 1/2 yrs now ... spent my fair share of $$$ on clubs & balls ... I'm a level 84 Master with a 65.43 avg. ... starting to shoot some low scores & yet I haven't been invited to join the nation ... now I understand that @ level 90 or 91 your invited, but here's my thing ... I'll create or join a game & I see amateur's, pro's & tour pros with like level 35 or 55 ... been here 6 mths .. using starter clubs & maybe wgt balls waving the WGT flag in my face ... this to me doesn't feel right ... don't feel any loyality at all ... even though I keep playing almost every day & keep buying balls I can't seem to get an invite to wave the flag ... it's a little dishearting when I see a newbie waving 1 ... I don't begrudge him of that but maybe WGT should look at its veterans 1st when handing out the WGT flag ... that's all ....

RSS