Forums

Help › Forums

Dear WGT Community...

Wed, Feb 10 2016 1:05 AM (178 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 6:23 AM

MIB  you have a point , however if you think WGT listens to us, just read any thread concerning the CC events  , 

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 7:39 AM

chillypepper:
    I give up. Fourteen attempts to par hole #1 chambers bay. 560yrd par 4? To hell with this course.

There's no doubt that it's a fairly tough hole. But with decent clubs, a person should be able to par it about half the time, without too much difficulty. At least, that's been my experience.

In fact, last night, I was able to birdie the hole. Of course, I had tailwind last night, which help tremendously. Still, even with a headwind, I'm able to get near the hole, and then pitch to within a couple of feet to save par.  

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 8:21 AM

PaulTon:

chillypepper:

I give up. Fourteen attempts to par hole #1 chambers bay. 560yrd par 4? To hell with this course.

In 14 attempts you couldn't get up and down in 2 from near the green? 

Maybe the problem is not the course but somewhere closer to home?

+1

If you struggle with short game then play your second shot to leave a full 60 wedge, or thereabouts for your third. It aint all about hitting as far as you can.

If you cant get on with second, then think third 

Bubbs

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 9:34 AM

ct690911:
    To par this hole, it takes a strong Driver/3wood combo, I would think.

He has a 282yd driver and 240yd 3W so likely strong enough down wind and xwind I figure.  But as much as I loved my Ping Rapture 3w four or five years ago I'd recommend dropping it and adding a 75yd wedge to close his big gap (90 to 60) in wedges.  The Ping Gorge 60 L43 is 75yds, will match your wedges meter speed, and at 295cr is cheap.

As far as playing the hole, avoid being left of the pin as it rolls off, be aware the green slopes front to back and its difficult to be short of the pin (headwinds make it easier tho) so practice that long comeback putt from past the hole.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 10:36 AM

chillypepper:

It may say 560 but I can save 22 yards off the tee. ;-)

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 4:51 PM

andyson:

ct690911:
    To par this hole, it takes a strong Driver/3wood combo, I would think.

He has a 282yd driver and 240yd 3W so likely strong enough down wind and xwind I figure.  But as much as I loved my Ping Rapture 3w four or five years ago I'd recommend dropping it and adding a 75yd wedge to close his big gap (90 to 60) in wedges.  The Ping Gorge 60 L43 is 75yds, will match your wedges meter speed, and at 295cr is cheap.

As far as playing the hole, avoid being left of the pin as it rolls off, be aware the green slopes front to back and its difficult to be short of the pin (headwinds make it easier tho) so practice that long comeback putt from past the hole.

OK Andy...if those are the ratings, then they should suffice in most cases...and I agree he should ditch one of the 3 woods and buy a 3rd wedge...my experience has been that most legends carry 3 wedges (usually they drop the hybrid)

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 10:23 PM

I hole out every time and can't save the replay.        I love it and can't understand why you and Yours can't love pars.          THE BEST COURSE FOR REAL PLAYERS.

~TAX DUE DAVE~

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2016 1:05 AM

Er, if you want par then drop it short and rightish then pitch or putt

Bridie is difficult, but not impossible. Breeze plays a large part.

RSS