Forums

Help › Forums

Shot timer.

Fri, Jun 8 2012 3:03 PM (30 replies)
  • MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 9:43 PM

well said lee. i prefer the 90 second clock over the other in that it allows time to read the wind, the green, etc.  it's not as fun when you feel like you have to rush your shots.  that's how mistakes are made. 

q

• lencraddy
    1,927 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 2:43 AM

Hi I usually set a 60 sec clock for games I am playing with Strangers,  ( some stranger than others.) But when playing with people who I have become Good friends with it is a 90 sec clock , This gives me time to Chat with them,, Thats why we have the CHAT option if any one doesn`t want or need this option , then as others have said create your own game, and set your own clock

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 3:45 AM

lee22sharon:

ps,  forgot my nickle...thank you.

lol .. can't forget ur signature Lee ..

completely agree with ur post .. hate feeling rushed myself

• PORKASAURUS
    55 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 5:32 AM

hamers842:

for your info we do make up our own games and this happens when they r our own games and its not right wgt made timer for this purpose to play at any second u want just if invited decline dont accept or even come in and quit. to my knowledge they has not been one game u can beat if u dont take the time required for what u need, could u live with 90 seconds on a real course and get the score u get with this game i dont think so.....could u make a dinner in 90 seconds.. or go to bathroom in 90 seconds... think not..... well we are given 90 seconds for what we feel we need please dont knock us or critize us or bad mouth us or call us names... we are people just like u... now i ask u all if this was god would u do that to him?........treat others HOW you want to be treated...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you cant pee in less than 90 seconds, or hold it until your turn to hit is over, maybe you should see a urologist.

• PORKASAURUS
    55 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 5:39 AM

lee22sharon:

To:  PORKASAURUS

One reason for a 90 second shot clock is that it (certainly not you) gives a person the opportunity to chat with the other players without intrudeing on their shot clock. 

Some ordinary (certainly not you) persons do not do mathmatics in their head well.  Especially when they are rushed, or feel rushed to get their shot in.

Other persons (certainly not you) may be playing on an unfamiliar course.  They may even be playing outside of their normal knowledge, or experience because of factors not in their control,  wind, green speed, new, or a differant ball and or club.

Lastly, but not least it is game to PLAY!  Not a Timed excerise in how fast you can complete a 9 or 18 hole course, with people of a like nature that you enjoy PLAYING a round with, and all the other feel good aspects of a good round of golf, but, (certainly not you).

all that fancy gear and no game. sad.  maybe if you wouldnt be typing a 30 word chat message when its your turn to hit you wouldnt be hitting bad shots with under 10 seconds left on the 90 sec clock.  and keep your nickle. at that steep a price your advice is a tad overvalued.  i can get better advice for less from alot of sources.  but certainly not you.

• whiteeagle147
    58 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 8:04 AM

lee22sharon:

ps,  forgot my nickle...thank you.

NO LEE THAT was worth more than a nickle well said thank you!!!!!!!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 9:56 AM

Pork, I can see why you are so frustrated, no CC, 0 friends. Hope your real life is better than your virtual life. I get frustrated sometimes myself, when everyone takes 90 seconds to play every shot. It's their way and you just accept it. I usually take 20-30 seconds. If I need to fix a drink, I will tell the player in front of me to take the full 90 for their shot so I don't hold up the game when it is my shot. Never seem to have an issue, we all know who's drinking, who's peeing or who needs to take a couple quick puffs because they don't smoke in their house. 

• itstartshere2012
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 12:04 PM

I am new and wanted to say hello to everyone!!!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 1:08 PM

To:  PORKASAURUS

In reply,  I do not rush my shots, If I have a lot to say in a chat that might jepordise my making a good shot i will continue the chat afterwards. 

My gear is not fancy, it is what was available at the time i achieved the proper level.  If you were to really notice my equipment you would see that I have NOT up graded my Irons, or Putter.  At my skill level at present I am indeed  in some persons opinion(certainly you) with out game, but it depends from where you are viewing it.

I do not charge for my advise.  I do think that what I say does have an intristic value, and I frequently value it as a Nickle.  I can not value the better(?) advise you receive from those other sourses, but the results are evident.  My Nickle.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 1:17 PM

To:  itstartshere

I like your player name.  Welcome!  Number 1 on your list of things to accomplish>

1.  Have fun, no matter what anyone says.

2.  Fight the addictive properties of the game site.  (More than 4 games a day you know your hooked)

3.  Read Forums, Frequently asked Questions section, watch the training videos.

4.  Spend your credits wisely.

5.  If you get hooked (no doubt about it) try to find a country club that can supply you with what you want.

6. Disreguard ramblings from R.O.F's (Retired Old Farts)

7.  Pratice, pratice, and when your done pratice some more.

This was written in jest, but there is a kernal of real advise within it.  Free this time.

RSS