Help › Forums

Who stole the sun?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 11 2012 2:13 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 5:35 AM

We had a week of sun in March, then a heatwave a couple of weeks ago for about a week, and now it feels like it's the middle of winter!  It's nearly the middle of June and it's cold and wet.  Golf club membership this year looks like it will have been a waste of time as I've only played 3 times in 2 months!

People talk about warming globally (or something like that), well how about warming certain parts of the UK now and again... a bit more than just 2 weeks in the year!

Will praying help?

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 5:59 AM

MioKontic:
    Will praying help?

Got to be worth a try.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 6:16 AM

Pouring with rain on the South Coast with loads more to come.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 6:22 AM

Ya know what may help. Go to the club and on the very first tee do a tribal weather dance. If you don’t know what a tribal weather dance entails google it and follow step by step instructions. It works. It really does.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 8:04 AM

I hear ya Mio...We dont have summers anymore. Just a couple of weeks of sun in late march/early april then grey skies and rain for rest of the year. And apparently we are in a drought lol

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 8:34 AM

not just you guys!!! We had rain on Monday and SNOW in the Sierras.

In the last week here in San Jose we had high close to 90 then 58 and rain now 78-80 today.

BTW I been in the UK during what you call summertime, Reminded me a lot like San Francisco.

Like the old Mark Twain saying, "The coldest Winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.”

Danny

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 8:37 AM

MioKontic:
    It's nearly the middle of June and it's cold and wet.

That is what you get for deleting a friend. Rainy days and Sunday's always get you down. LOL.

Ah, but this may be your lucky day. I believe I have a umbrella for sale stashed somewhere in my garage just for this type of occasion. Ha Ha.

Just for you my rainy day friend's. (This is plural and she knows who she is).

All in jest mates,

Have a nice day.

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 9:08 AM

Spacklero:
    And apparently we are in a drought lol

Yep... come next week and we'll have a hosepipe ban!

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 9:41 AM

Spacklero:
    apparently we are in a drought

WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD TIMES GONE?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 11:04 AM

Storm force winds tomorrow here. Batten down your whatnots.

• PAGES
RSS