Help › Forums

Bad Game Play or is it the game

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:46 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jimmy201990
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 5:53 AM

Has anyone eles that usually does good playing very badly? For some reason after WGT was having problems with the site I cant seem to shoot any good shots at ALL. Every shot I hit goes completely the wrong way and if I miss the DING even my a tad the ball fly way off track. Putts are not going with the line too. Anyone eles having problems???  

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 2:36 PM

i go through bad spells sometimes .. mostly my own fault .. couple of random wtf shots every now and then, but thats to be expected, often when i thought i had a "what the ... " shot i think about it carefully and realise i made the mistake ... i had more of those shots at Master level than at TM .. just play through it

• duder56
    4 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:18 AM

No its not just you...something has definitely changed...I went from a 72 average to 79...some of the problem was caused by jerky meter...It's not my computer either...cannot play on google chrome at all...comodo dragon's better...putts are going all over the place...so predicting shots are near impossible...gonna give WTG a break for awhile...hopefully they fix this...who knows...could be server problems...or a faulty upgrade...I'm running windows 7...4 gigs of ram...pentium p6100 processor and ultra high speed internet...I seriously doubt it's me...cause if I have to upgrade my laptop to play, I'm outta here...Ohhh yea...would not let me play unless I granted 100 k of space...Not kosher at all!!!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:12 PM

Hi Jimmy, I think we all go through dips in form for whatever reason, and for me, day to day can be varied.I note that you haven't been playing a lot lately, and you could be a little rusty - after a few days break my game is a little dubious.

Ensure that you follow the systems requirements, especially in clearing your cache,

A quick note for Duder - do the same as above and your average went up as you increased tiers.

It can be very easy to blame others but as Chris said, usually if you go back and retrace what you did, you can usually work out what went wrong.

• borntobesting
    9,688 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:38 PM

We all go through spells where we play badly and sometimes it is the same day. I had a -11 61 and one round later i could do nothing right and shot a +3 75. And no it's not WGT it is me. I do tend to play my poorest with high winds. So far I just can't get a good handle on how to play with high winds.

• duder56
    4 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:19 PM

I have bad rounds from time to time...That is not what I am talking about at all...I am talking about jerky meters, ball moving straight on strong slopes on the green, clubs acting inconsistently in no wind conditions, a flop shot rolling 50 ft...etc.  Its that kind of thing that is maddening.  The only upside to it all is I will not spend money on a beta game...and it seems this one will be there for years to come.

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:20 PM

When I 1st bought my wedges I could stop the ball on a dime. Now? Forget about it. My driver would reach 290 with no problem. Now it's just aim , fire and hope.

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:26 PM

I agree with the OP something has changed I have noticed in the last few day's that my irons have a faster speed than my driver and before they were near identical, yes some of it is down to me but most is not , I have also noticed the change in the greens what is supposed to be one speed can be a mix of different speeds and I know I am not the  only one who thinks this I was playing with a friend the other day he uses nike balls and I use cally's  and for the most part I was out driving him which is a rare thing as the also has the R11s which is supposed to be a longer hitting driver.

So as to the OP's question yes alot of things have changed since the last update what ever WGT did it was not for the good.  

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:27 PM

Yall ever watch a CY Young award winner throwing BB's get rocked for 5 runs in one inning ?

I am certain the game is programmed with some VEM as players call it but would you rather be bored shooting -11 all the time ? Then go purchase TW by EA . If you want to play a challenging game of Golf then stay here.

I hear people complain about this sort of thing and it seems that some must swallow their pride and say "hey I played a bad round" instead of moping about it move on. Better rounds are sure to come. Its a game with all of its faults but the best Golf game on a computer I have ever played in all my years.

Do a search and stop all the complaints about the same thing . There are at least 50 threads with the same thing.

Suck it up !

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:31 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And this coming from someone that has been here all of 8 months??????

Maybe you should spend more time on the courses than you do posting in the forums

• PAGES
RSS