Forums

Help › Forums

camel spider

Sun, Jun 10 2012 11:17 PM (8 replies)
  • MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 12:51 AM

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:550:0]

Found this one over by the defac the other day here in Kuwait.  I've been to many places throughout the Middle East and seen a lot of these hiddeous looking things and would like to dispell some of the common beliefs about the camel spider based on my experience with them.  First, there are only a few species that are actually poisonous. I don't think this one was, but i wasn't going to find out.  Secondly, I have always read that they are not aggressive.  Wrong!  They are agressive and as you can see in this photo, this one has it's front pairs of legs raised in the air and ready to defend.  I was holding my cell phone about 6 inches away in this photo.  For the most part, they just scoot around looking for bugs to eat but if provoked, they will stand their ground.  I sure some of you reading this and have been in this part of the world can attest to that.  They are very interesting and look like a cross between a spider and a scorpion. You can read about them on the internet if you would like to know more.  Have a creepy day. :)

qbal

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 3:29 AM

Size 11 boot and "squish" comes to mind here;)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 5:35 AM

Was there once for 6 months,   was my first deployment out of training in the Army.  The flies were terrible and the little clearish scorpions were interesting enough.

These were fun to smoke though.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 8:52 AM

QBAL   them legs look just like my first wife legs ,  and she also was verry aggresive   LOL.......      thxs  for the picture  ,

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 12:31 PM

my adcice 2 that is give it it a full cleaveland 60 up its butt lol.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 12:37 PM

frappefort:

QBAL   them legs look just like my first wife legs ,  and she also was verry aggresive   LOL.......      thxs  for the picture  ,

i think i married her as well

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 1:01 PM

A gr8 picture!

About aggressiveness:

This praying mantis as well as your spider may both be scared to death and just showing their most impressive pose. Two beautiful animals!

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 11:17 PM

lol frap 

RSS