Forums

Help › Forums

hate cheats

Tue, Jun 12 2012 2:00 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • frankyscouse
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 7:07 AM

hi guys i don't  mind getting beat by anyone and i have had plenty of practise lol,but i can not stand playing against a amertuer  who has the best clubs and expensive balls,and her average was not great,as soon as she hit the ball she was as good as a master or legend,like i said i dont mind challenging a legend or master as i have a length advantage even thou they have more skill,but playing against someone who has better clubs and  length than me is a joke, wgt should do something about this bann or at the very least take her credits of her that she has took off other people like me,if anyone wants to know the players name just ask me and try to avoid her or better still get her/him banned, cheers franky . 

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 3:51 PM

WGT encourages this. I can't blame them as selling equipment and balls is how they make money. So always check the tier, and equipment of anyone you play, especially for money, or be prepared to get your clock cleaned.

Joey  

• Gearman
    122 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 4:12 PM

She has level appropriate clubs. Sounds like someone got their butt kicked and didn't like it. Suck it up, you got beat.

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 4:41 PM

Joeyola:

WGT encourages this. ..

Indeed they do although not by thier words (ie, rules) only by their actions (lack of enforcement)

Also, it's not "cheating" per se, its "gaming" the system.

I must say that gambling against any player here that isn't a legend while not being a legend yourself is just asking to get scammed.

Many signs of what a "sandbagger" looks like, learn to identify them, thus saving yourself from being a victim their exploits.

Bottom line : Don't gamble until you are legend. Til then, its prudent to presume that EVERYONE who is willing to gamble you is Legend in not-Legend clothing.

Remember, if the wolf looked like a sheep, it wouldn't need sheep's clothing to get close :)

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 5:14 PM

Gearman:

She has level appropriate clubs. Sounds like someone got their butt kicked and didn't like it. Suck it up, you got beat.

Level appropriate clubs maybe. But many of these people only play match play rounds so their tier does not change but they are indeed at a skill level of tour master or legend but are getting to play from as much as 100 yards closer to the green with the best clubs. Many of us have advocated using match play wins as another way to advance in the tiers which would curb some of the sandbagging. Until they do something like that to make it fairer for those of us who play all the modes of play and advance in the tiers there always be unethical players who take advantage of the system. 

• Fatherbrown
    282 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 5:41 PM

How about this?  Making match play rounds stroke play rounds so there would be no easy way to level up but by the way we do now.  It would eliminate leveling up by levels to make it even for everyone to get the desired equipment at that tier for better clubs.

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 7:20 PM

Match play rounds should count against your average. Plain and simple. Until that change is made (although it's not the perfect scenario) this will continue. Seems like it would be easy enough to do but I could be wrong.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 7:30 PM

I guess I may as well ask the question that has been on my mind for a long time:

Why do you play for credits in the first place??

I understand that some people feel compelled to gamble on their games but that is not covered in the Rules of Golf as a part of the game. I see way too many complaints here from people that should just walk away from the very formats they are complaining about. You want a realistic game? You have it! There are sandbaggers and people who stretch the rules to their benefit at the expense of others here, just the same as in real life.

No bans or credit removal from those people required. Just don't play that part of the game and all your problems will be solved without any intervention by WGT or anyone else.

Face it: If you weren't trying to take credits away from others, others wouldn't be taking them away from you.

• PAGES
RSS