Forums

Help › Forums

technical question for the wgt guys

Wed, Jun 13 2012 10:33 AM (26 replies)
  • mgh221
    545 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 9:08 AM

i read the post wgtalex put up about optimizing your wgt expierience. very good info. my old pc met the minimums aside from RAM. i bought a new pc a month or so ago which exceeds all of said minimums. here's the thing, i have the same laggin draggin jumpin meter i had with the old pc. is there something else that may cause these issues? i have 20 meg download speed, 8 gigs ram, 1TB hard drive and AMD quad core processor and a radeon gigabyte HD video card.... so equipment should not be the issue. any advice would be great life at legend is tough enough when the meter works lol.

thanks in advance guys

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 9:12 AM

Apart from the obvious stuff like caches, not using internet explorer and clearing all junk from your hard drive. I'd recommend downloading 360 Amigo and Game Booster. A decent internet connection goes without saying. 

• mgh221
    545 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 9:20 AM

that was quick lol.... i have cable nternet w/ 20meg speed so i'm good there so i'll look into the downloads.

thanks pizt mucho appreciado!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 9:23 AM
    1. Close any other browser window/tabs.  The only window open is the game client
    2. Pare down your friends list from over 200 to around 50 or less.  Many top players delete their whole friends list during the major competitions.
  • GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 9:33 AM

If you are using Windows 7, that's likely a large part of your issue. Do a search on here for Windows 7 and read through the posts. You will find allot of help there.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 9:37 AM

I also stop for 5 seconds at the top of my backswing to let everything settle down. Sounds a drag but it soon becomes a habit.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 10:25 AM

piztaker:

I also stop for 5 seconds at the top of my backswing to let everything settle down. Sounds a drag but it soon becomes a habit.

I'm with Piz on this one just count to 4 or 5 at the top of your swing.

A lot of the meter lag is from the cpu/mouse interaction. I have been able to VERIFY this by keeping a cpu meter open during play, when you click and move your mouse to adjust the swing the cpu meter spikes. Holding the backswing for a couple seconds lets the cpu settle down.

Danny

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 10:32 AM

Danny:

I'm curious, are you using a gaming mouse that has a software associated with it for programming it? For instance a Logitech G500 or similar with the Logitech Setpoint software?

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 10:43 AM

GolfDum:

Danny:

I'm curious, are you using a gaming mouse that has a software associated with it for programming it? For instance a Logitech G500 or similar with the Logitech Setpoint software?

Good guess, actually it's a G400 with Logitech gaming software that lets me adjust both the polling rate and DPI (sensitivity).

I do not use any of the macro features for gaming.

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 10:53 AM

Ah okay. You are well aware of the polling rate adjustment then. When i first got mine, the game was unplayable if I moved my mouse at all during the meter movement. My polling rate was up really high and it was eating a ton of resources. You got a handle on it though, so carry on :)

RSS