credits halved ,a rip off

Thu, Jun 21 2012 8:38 AM (32 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 3:37 PM

In case you missed it gideon:

WGTicon:

Hi

I don't know but we have recieved a few reports yesterday and are looking into it. I suspect it's on zong's end, but it's the weekend, so hopefully we can get an update asap.

-wgticon

• SeamusMurray
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 4:36 PM

I have noticed this too, what is going on . I always bought my credits through my mobile because its easier for me to keep track off. Why has the charges basically doubled , I would like an answer please, unless the Dollar has crashed in the last couple of weeks, I am perplexed as to why this has jumped up in price. 

Can someone  verify the situation on this   from WGT , please.

The answer to your question is very simple:. The mobile phone companies are robbing you blind. You're better off paying for it true PayPal or direct from your own credit card.

Regards,

Séamus Murray

• WarnersSafeCure
    682 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 4:52 PM

SeamusMurray:

I have noticed this too, what is going on . I always bought my credits through my mobile because its easier for me to keep track off. Why has the charges basically doubled , I would like an answer please, unless the Dollar has crashed in the last couple of weeks, I am perplexed as to why this has jumped up in price. 

Can someone  verify the situation on this   from WGT , please.

The answer to your question is very simple:. The mobile phone companies are robbing you blind. You're better off paying for it true PayPal or direct from your own credit card.

Regards,

Séamus Murray

it aint seamus.   we were getting the same rate as someone paying with a card.  give or take a few cents.   its just been halved overnight for some reason or other.   but icon states it could be zongas end.     it will get put right.   coz that would be bang out of order.     obviously an error somewhere.

• Mikey1874
    259 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 5:03 PM

This has to get rectified or I for one will be thinking long and hard about paying money into an organisation that is basically fleecing people about paying a different way.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 5:27 PM

Thanks to original poster for pointing this out re Zong as I wasn't aware the 'return' had been more than halved.

Looking forward to reading WGT's findings on the matter.

No amount of 'Clear Cache/flash' will work this time LOL

;o(

• Mikey1874
    259 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 5:56 PM

If this is not fixed in the next few days I will be be very disappointed in this game, that I like, which can make a few quid of me in the process, I will then reconsider my options as to playing this game.

• WarnersSafeCure
    682 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 2:44 PM

hopefully there will be some news come monday.  

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 3:27 PM

WarnersSafeCure:

TO WGTICON

not having a credit card,ive always used the mobile phone option.

why have the credits been slashed in half.   514 credits for £5.   when it has been 900 odd.

and the same for the £10 option  ,it was 2,100 credits and its now  just over 1000 credits. thats disgustin man, a right rip off.

so at my calculations that is just over $4.50  for a sleeve of 300 credit galloways

can you explain the reasoning behind this icon.

If you were getting 2100credits for every £10 then you were doing well considering the current exchange rate is $1.57 to the £1. 

£10 should get you 1570credits. I'm guessing the shortfall is charges from the phone company. 

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 7:50 AM

We are looking into the mobile payment change.  WGT was not notified of any changes and we are talking to the mobile companies now.  

RSS