Forums

Help › Forums

Open Championship Courses

Mon, Jul 16 2012 1:25 PM (34 replies)
  • Baldeagle58
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 4:19 PM

With Royal Troon, on the Ayrshire coast being anounced as the venue for the 2016 Open Championship, I wondered if there could be more Open Courses on WGT.

So, what do you think, people? Could WGT come up with Royal Troon and Muirfield as additional British courses?

Of course, this is 'just' a suggestion, but if enough of us 'suggest' it....... :-)

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 6:50 PM

I am a true lover of Links courses, so I say hear, hear and agree wholeheartedly with Baldeagle on his suggestions. And MisterWGT, I am available to fly over on the Corporate Jet and assist you guys on the Boondoggle mapping of these courses.

With the UK hosting the summer Olympic Games, I have been practicing up on my Brit Speak.

Women are "Birds", use "Blighter", "Bloody Hell", Simple means "Bob's your Uncle", Bugger, Chips, Blimey, Flibbertigibbet, Guv'nah, Hello, what's this?, Jolly Good, disturbance = kerfuffle, Knackered=tired, Luvaduck, Scram=Naff Off, Old Bean, poppycock, Sodding, Steady on Old Chap, Stiff upper Lip, Tally-Ho, Tickity Boo, Toodle-Pip = goodbye, Wanker...what andyson  is, what's this then?

So have fun, good luck with the birds, have a smashing good time and Pip Pip Cheerio !!

SM

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 9:39 PM

I guess I might be offended if I knew what the heck it was you called me!  LMAO!  ( No help please.)  You're bonkers I think, so don't make me write what you have in common with Kim Kardashian!  Steady on old chap.

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 10:04 PM

andyson:
    if I knew what the heck it was you called me!  LMAO!  ( No help please.) 

Shut it you knob'ead! Cor, what a f*ckin' muppet! Bloody 'arpoonin' everythin'! I coulda got done in there! Right in front of me bird! What a fit bird she is! Bloody 'arpoon! What the bloody 'ell you playin' at, you bender? God save the queen and all that palaver! Wanker! Tart! Loo! Fish 'n' chips! Apples and pears! Fanny! 'Arpoon!

LMAO !!

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 10:54 PM

andyson:
    so don't make me write what you have in common with Kim Kardashian!

if there is two of us telling that tale about you............

lmao

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 11:44 PM

StrangeMagic:

Shut it you knob'ead! Cor, what a f*ckin' muppet! Bloody 'arpoonin' everythin'! I coulda got done in there! Right in front of me bird! What a fit bird she is! Bloody 'arpoon! What the bloody 'ell you playin' at, you bender? God save the queen and all that palaver! Wanker! Tart! Loo! Fish 'n' chips! Apples and pears! Fanny! 'Arpoon!

LMAO !!

PSML. You're definitely going a bit 

in your old age SM :^)

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:12 AM

Well I never!  SM learnin to talk proper like, just like we English do.  And yes, I include myself in there as I was born in England.  But I don't include the Scots in that as they have their own language which is totally incomprehensible, even when they're sober... which is very rare!  But if yers gonna go visit the land of wee bonnie Scotland then all you have to do is learn one phrase - "see you Jimmy".  When in a conversation, just make a load of different sounds very fast, finish it off with "see you Jimmy" and you'll get on like a house on fire.

And I don't include the Welsh in that either cos you can't really call that a language; it's just a load of random letters put together, with no vowels, and then all mispronounced, in a way that really does tie your tongue in a knot.

And if you ever go to Ireland, then you have to learn they don't mean what they actually say.  Film is pronounced fillerm, Colm (boy's name) is pronounced column, and three is pronounced tree, which is nearly, but not quite, as bad as half of the English population pronouncing it free!

Actually, that brings me onto another thing, we (that's a general "we" which doesn't include all of us) no longer use the sound 'th'.  For example, I'm goin shoppin, free uvers are cummin wiv me.  kk?

I'll leave you to try work out what was said, because I haven't a clue!  And kk???  I understand (well, not really!) the laziness in using wiv when typing, but kk???  What is so difficult about ok???

But I can't talk really; I'm from the West Midlands which is probably the worst accent in the world!  The best accents are the female Scottish and female South Wales accents - they are just to die for!

Actually SM, unless you want to be driven crazy with all the lingo, and not by Miss Daisy as she's in Australia, then I would seriously suggest you stay put!  I mean, just look at me!

I rest my case.  Or is that "I rest me case"???

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:34 AM

Oh, and just pray to God that you don't get a Geordie (North East England) commentator for the Olympics.  But if you do, maybe you can tell me what "wae'aye man" actually means, because it baffles me to this day!  And all their speech is generally 2 octaves higher than everyone else's in the UK... as if they've been grabbed by the wotsits! (I'm only talking men here, cos I don't think - but I'm not sure - that the Geordie women have wotsits).

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:34 AM

Brummie accent is lovely

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:40 AM

Mio, now that ya pizzed off a vast majority of the UK, do ya have another tale to tell:)

Very amusing Mio (I for one) know ya's just being yourself!

RSS