Forums

Help › Forums

Tiers

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 18 2014 10:40 AM (9 replies)
  • GlassGuru
    4 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 10:57 PM

How do you make it into the Master Tier? I'm guessing under 66?

• rockinroland
    214 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 1:42 AM

I hear wgt keeps the score you that you need to advance to the next tier a secret.  this they say is to prevent sandbagging but  I didnt turn master with a 66.02 but did with a 65.98 so I'm guessing 66 has got to be real close  and you are probably right

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 7:06 AM

Shoot an average of 65 or better and you'll be a Master. There is no turning back, so make sure your ready for the Master tee-boxes.

Good luck

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 2:21 PM

According to WGTNiv.. there are more considerations than just one's average.

Just play the game, and when you're ready, you'll move to Master.

It's not a race... those who bust their hump to make Master either:

1. Whine and cry that it's too hard
    2. Create another account because it's too hard
    3. Leave the game because it's too hard
    4. All of the above.

Get there when you get there and learn how to play as you get there.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 2:29 PM

Snaike:
    All of the above.

Exactly.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 4:20 PM

rockinroland:

I hear wgt keeps the score you that you need to advance to the next tier a secret.  this they say is to prevent sandbagging but  I didnt turn master with a 66.02 but did with a 65.98 so I'm guessing 66 has got to be real close  and you are probably right

They bumped me up at 65.74... but one thing that confuses me is how in the community highlights it sometimes shows players with sub 65 averages still as pro. For example there's on that 64.7 that's still pro......  

• GlassGuru
    4 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 10:08 PM

I appreciate all the posts people. I had a feeling there was no real definitive answer. I also have a feeling I might be the only person with the stock clubs thats about to turn Master. I understand this will be much tougher for me but I really want the credits they give you for changing tiers, only so I can play the match plays and try to buy new clubs that way, without having to pay any money. Does that sound cheap of me? Lol, times are tough my friends.

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 9:04 PM

a certain # of consecutive sub par rounds combined with...oops i said too much already

• bladesnballs
    4 Posts
    Tue, Mar 18 2014 4:15 AM

that's because  you also have to have 35 ranked games  payed to turn master

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Mar 18 2014 10:40 AM

How many ranked rounds were required back in 2010 when this thread died a natural death?

And today, I think you only need 30 ranked rounds to move from Tour Pro to Master:

WGT – Tiers

• When you have played at least 5 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 100 you go from Hack to Amateur.
    • When you have played at least 10  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 80 you go from Amateur to Pro.
    • When you have played at least 20 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 72 you go from Pro to Tour Pro
    • When you have played at least 30 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 67 you go from Tour Pro to Master
    • When you have played at least 40  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 63 you go from Master to Tour Master
    • When you have played at least 50 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 61 you go from Tour Master to Legend 
    • When you have played at least 500  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 60 you go from Legend  to Tour Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

RSS