Forums

Help › Forums

Could some kind folk please.. ..

Thu, Jun 28 2012 5:38 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GIMMMEEE
    224 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 5:58 AM

.. .. put up the replays of my 5 lost balls on here then please explain how i should have played this shot.. ..

.. .. I tried 5 times to play a 60-70 rough 48 yards.. ..  i hit a 78 yard punch.. .. # 14 at Whistler -7 at the time playing my 3rd shot to the green.. .. 

.. .. Could not move the ball in the end as it hit the tree i cant see,,, ended up max shot out thank God..!!!!  lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 6:07 AM

The replay. Unfortunately, there's only one view and it's totally useless.  :(

• GIMMMEEE
    224 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 6:12 AM

.. my point Jim,,, what would you have done though.. .. your a Legend.. .. ????  lol   thx btw,,,,

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 7:01 AM

LOL. Was afraid you'd ask that. Punch is the shot but how high you have to go would just be hit and hope, take next club, hit again and hope, and so on. It might even be in a position (that you can't see) where you have to play sideways like out of those pot bunkers at SA when you're jammed up against a wall.

You might consider that a valid complaint and send it off to WGT. Maybe get your green fees back... :-)

• Lanyo
    123 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 7:03 AM

From the sound of things I think the ball was sitting right next to a rock.

Might have been 1 of those shots where your gonna hit it everytime.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 7:19 AM

Since you lost 5 balls I watched it 5 times to feel your pain.;-)    Other than changing direction and not hitting directly at the green, I'm lost as what to tell you.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 9:40 AM

GIMMMEEE:

.. my point Jim,,, what would you have done though.. .. your a Legend.. .. ????  lol   thx btw,,,,

Not as a Legend, I'd have quit the game after the first or second lost ball.

I've been in such situation @KIA #2, having hit the drive over the fairway into the rough at the right. It said, "60% rough" (or weeds?) and PW punches would get lost (yes, lost!) some yds from my position. I didn't try 5 nor 10 but called it a day after the second. I'm still to return w/ Starters to see if there is an escape.

o.k., your's was Whistler and it may have been a RG with some money at stake, but for sure not more than 10 balls.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:56 AM

The replay won't work for me..but in general in that lie punch you 64 degree wedge to the shortest line towards the fairway...even if you can't see it from player view, use the mini map and drag the aimer from there.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 11:12 AM

He was over the green in no man's land. The shortest grass to hit to was the green. He needed a map to get himself back to civilization. In his case the 10 stroke rule was a mercy rule. ;-)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 12:52 PM

CerinoDevoti:
    In his case the 10 stroke rule was a mercy rule. ;-)

LMBO!!!

• PAGES
RSS