Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 8:13 PM

WAIT  !!!   Scrounging thru the couch...

ahhh 2cents...:)

1st... i think ya only punished the ones workin hard towards legend .or shud be for master an above..atho this would not bring in as much club sales ,,,so i doubt that will happen..

i dont think alotta ppl realize there are some older folk... who's hand eye will prolly never get em to legend,,, but i say even them,, if ya get to level 80+ and have the best stuff should at least have to play from the master tee's...

a level 90 pro.. that only plays ALT ..and gets his kik's from beating ppl with low level or stater clubs i don't really understand.... makes him a very small person in my eyes..

WGT ..can  check this.. and have some very smart ppl here that can figure out away to make ALT and match play wins be included in how u are tier'd ... 

i know i will never be a super shot.. but proud to be a legend and can hold my head up high as i play...  

ps...i want the RS soooooo bad.... just can't seam to pull the trigger and buy it.. till i get my putting in the realm im happy with.... <( this could take awhile) ..lmao

peace.... 

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 8:33 PM

GolfDum:

Sad to see such a thread turned into petty arguments. I'd like for WGT to see (in this thread) what we think about the changes.  The arguments or debates if that's what you choose to call them could have been done elsewhere.

Now, we have left them with 23 pages of not so nice posts to drudge through while they try to see what we think about the changes.

I don't really see petty arguments here.  Discussion about what is fair, yes.  Discussion/debate about how to tweak the system to make it more fair, definitely.

I think it's generally remained on topic.  MBags is right, people are passionate about the game and are voicing their opinion about how to make it better.  I hope some of the passionate debate here also shows how there are plenty of people who are supporting this game and want to see it improved, even if some of us have different ideas about the best ways to improve it.

• jonobro
    22 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 8:58 PM

"Chipping on Greens - Players are able to take unfair advantage of chipping on greens to make an unrealistic amount of putts. On 5/30/12 we removed the option of controlling ball spin when chipping on greens, and on 6/28/12 we increased the variability of chipping on greens. This better matches how chipping on greens works in the real world, so players can still chip on greens but are unlikely to sink a lot of those chips."

So is there more variability on all shots with a wedge on the green or the "chip shot" only? 

"R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment, to make the game a little more balanced, on 8/1/12 we're planning to move the R11S Driver unlock from Level 90 to Level 94. This will give any players in the high Level 80s a full month to level-up to unlock and purchase the club, then it will move permanently to Level 94. Note that players who have already purchased the club will be unaffected."

I am not too concerned about this change because I have been keeping up with the R11S off the tee just fine with my g20. 

"Level 70+ Equipment - A small number of players at lower tiers (Hack/Amateur) have leveled up very quickly and are purchasing top equipment, but are still playing from the shorter Hack/Amateur tee boxes, making those games and tournaments a little unfair. To avoid this from happening in the future, all equipment Level 70 or higher will require a Pro or higher tier to unlock. Existing equipment and players will not be affected."

This is a step in the right direction but there is really no huge change because pros, tour pros, and masters are the problems not hacks and amateurs. 

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:24 PM

I certainly would not argue Mike that opinions are GREAT and you make a good point. I too posted my thoughts on these subjects. However, when people are accused of name calling, being immature, etc. etc. and Icon has to ask for us to chill out or he will begin erasing posts....things have gone too far.

All I'm trying to say is this: Give your thoughts on the matters at hand and let it rest. There's no reason to carry on for 23 pages to prove your opinion is right and someone else is wrong.

I could be dead wrong but if I were in the shoes of the person trying to read the input here, I'd be fairly put out by the way we as a community have handled this.

WGT employees have enough to do already to try to improve this game without having to read 23 pages of babble. I think we all want one thing for this game, Improvement. Slowing that process with babble is not the way to go.

I too have now gotten off track in this discussion, my apologies, I'll let it rest.

Happy hitting!

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:33 PM

Milfshake:
    Ranked Rounds blow.. Plus my putting isnt near Mastered.

Your putting isn't near mastered?"  Your putting is 'mastered' enough for you to be 97-8 in Match Play.  That's the most pathetic horses**t excuse I have ever read.  If your putting is what worries you, you should be playing ranked rounds, by yourself, not alt and match play head-to-head against others.  You are scamming the system, and your current account should be summarily closed for abusing the system.

And you are the very reason that gear should be tier-specific.

• promark1
    412 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:41 PM

in my opinion the R11s is much the same as the old R11.it is no more precise or forgiving as the previous one.the fact is that if you miss the ding your are likely to go in the rough.just my 2 penneth worth.as for the other 2 points chipping on greens is something ive tried a couple of times but never mastered so i just stick to the short stick.3rd point i do like though.i must admit i would not of liked it when i was tour pro and it would of made me move to the next tier quicker than i did.but i will say that since i have moved to master then tour master i am enjoying the game a lot more.i mean driving par 4's is all well and good but sometimes you just got to say enough is enough.although it will be tough i am still looking forward to becoming a legend,i didn't think i would be still getting called a sandbagger at tour master lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:52 PM

lee22sharon:
    Expain why I SHOULD NOT have the opportunity to buy any equipment I want. 

I think there's a pretty good example right here in this thread with a player gaming the system. Not saying you would but there are players that do.

+1 on JaLaBar's take.

• Pskip001
    191 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:47 PM

hpurey:

Pskip001:

WGTwildcat:
    R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment, to make the game a little more balanced, on 8/1/12 we're planning to move the R11S Driver unlock from Level 90 to Level 94. This will give any players in the high Level 80s a full month to level-up to unlock and purchase the club, then it will move permanently to Level 94. Note that players who have already purchased the club will be unaffected.

What's wrong, your 278yd driver isn't long enough for the Masters tees?  You have plenty of time to level up accordingly before you actually need  a new driver.

The R-9 IS long enough, but a real bear to handle when using unlimited balls, my REAL R-9 is much more forgiving. My old R-11 doesn't get the yardage I need off the tee in most cases. So I want the yardage and a match on the meter speed as close as possible. A fast, jerky meter and bad eye's and clicker finger's is enough challenge for me as it is, lol. The rest of my case is already mentioned, and PLEASE understand, I'm not trying to put anyone down here, especially the WGT crew or, specifically Wildcat, who posted this feeler in the first place. I just have a lot of passion for this game, and needed to voice my opinion. There's a lot of us out there who are close to lvl 90 who must be feeling this frustration. Nuff said?

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 11:04 PM

YankeeJim:

lee22sharon:
    Expain why I SHOULD NOT have the opportunity to buy any equipment I want. 

I think there's a pretty good example right here in this thread with a player gaming the system. Not saying you would but there are players that do.

+1 on JaLaBar's take.

I believe I have mentioned that I am unable to play for credits, therefore who could I hurt, or scam?, no one.  Any player who gets scammed by a sandbagger did not do due diligence before accepting the game.  Shame on him/her.  I also said that it may be necessary to have two systems, because of the differant types of difficulities between those who can play for credits, and those who can not.

Accrodingly, I want the opportunity to buy what I want when I want .  my nickle

• MBidney
    145 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 5:42 AM

imahokiefan:

MBidney:

imahokiefan:

WGTwildcat:
    R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment, to make the game a little more balanced, on 8/1/12 we're planning to move the R11S Driver unlock from Level 90 to Level 94. This will give any players in the high Level 80s a full month to level-up to unlock and purchase the club, then it will move permanently to Level 94. Note that players who have already purchased the club will be unaffected.

WGTwildcat - So 7/6/12 to 8/1/12 is a full month???  Probably should have left that 'fact' out of the post...  As a lvl 89 player with 54,750 points (as of 7/8/12) to get to lvl 90, I'll need ~2,282 points per day to make it or have to wait 4-5 months for the R11S??? Looks like all you want from me is the 5955 credits for the 15 days of XP Ultra Boost that it will take for me to make it!  Why didn't you simply say so in the first place!  Or better yet, release the higher lvl R11S 3WD and and sell both clubs as a set for 6000 credits! If WGT needs the cash that bad, I'll support.  Good thing I have a steady job...

Oh great so somewhere between my level 84 and L89 points per level double?

Looks like another year of inferior clubs.  That is ridiculous.

It takes 486988 points to reach level 90...

I am L84 at 284000 points.  So I need 200000 more to get to 90????  That is idiotic.

RSS