Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • WGTwildcat
    648 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:13 AM

Based on recent player feedback in the Forums, WGT is making a few changes to help improve the realism and fairness of the game. We wanted to share these changes as soon as possible for your feedback...

• Chipping on Greens - Players are able to take unfair advantage of chipping on greens to make an unrealistic amount of putts. On 5/30/12 we removed the option of controlling ball spin when chipping on greens, and on 6/28/12 we increased the variability of chipping on greens. This better matches how chipping on greens works in the real world, so players can still chip on greens but are unlikely to sink a lot of those chips.
    • R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment, to make the game a little more balanced, on 8/1/12 we're planning to move the R11S Driver unlock from Level 90 to Level 94. This will give any players in the high Level 80s a full month to level-up to unlock and purchase the club, then it will move permanently to Level 94. Note that players who have already purchased the club will be unaffected.
    • Level 70+ Equipment - A small number of players at lower tiers (Hack/Amateur) have leveled up very quickly and are purchasing top equipment, but are still playing from the shorter Hack/Amateur tee boxes, making those games and tournaments a little unfair. To avoid this from happening in the future, all equipment Level 70 or higher will require a Pro or higher tier to unlock. Existing equipment and players will not be affected.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 12:52 PM

GOOD!!!!!

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 12:58 PM

This is good .

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 12:59 PM

mmm  agree with 2 out of 3 of the things going on here but to move the driver back to lvl 94 is sick, so now every1 who has it will have an advantage for even longer than would have been the case

im lvl 84(almost) and to move it back is kinda sick, you do know how long it takes just to get to lvl 90? so now all those tour masters and masters and even tour pro's who are 90 plus can have it but legends who are below this lvl have to try and compete with that lol.

And this is suppost to make it fairer lol

oh well best regards

ladzrls

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 1:03 PM

Very Good news Wildcat. True it will not affect those shall we say sandbaggers who already have the top equipment it will keep the newer players from getting the top equipment and playing from hack/amateur tees. 

One thing though that might help even more is having tier advancement also based on match play wins and A/S wins. Because most of us know that those high level hack and amateurs play more match play and A/S games than anything else. 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 2:02 PM

WGTwildcat:

• Level 70+ Equipment - A small number of players at lower tiers (Hack/Amateur) have leveled up very quickly and are purchasing top equipment, but are still playing from the shorter Hack/Amateur tee boxes, making those games and tournaments a little unfair. To avoid this from happening in the future, all equipment Level 70 or higher will require a Pro or higher tier to unlock. Existing equipment and players will not be affected.

isn't that what's happening already?

all i seem to read about are l70+ pro sandbaggers.......rarely do i read about l70 hacks or amateurs.

should have made it tour pros / masters in my opinion.

WGTwildcat:

R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment

that just makes me chuckle.....

maybe the TM 2.0's just got nervous when the R11 irons were due out.

suppose it's a start though :)

just my thoughts

tbe

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 2:14 PM

thebigeasy707:

WGTwildcat:

isn't that what's happening already?

all i seem to read about are l70+ pro sandbaggers.......rarely do i read about l70 hacks or amateurs.

should have made it tour pros / masters in my opinion.

Agree..should just be Master-plus..as this is when Tees get longer

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 2:15 PM

ladzris makes a very good point concerning the R11s driver.  I'm lucky enough to have already reached level 90 so am not affected by the change...but to make other legends wait until level 94 is punitive and will actually hurt sales.

Legends should have access to all clubs no matter their level, imo...they've earned that much at least.

I applaud wgt for taking a more active hand in things, but this particular change seems unfair to me.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 2:20 PM

if they're gonna use the big sticks........put them off the longer tees.

level 70 equipment to pro tier and above will do nothing to sort out the current bagging issue.

xp boost bar sales are sure to go through the roof though.

tbe

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 2:37 PM

Good job WGT!! Not a great job, but a good job. The whole chipping thing......ehh...don't really care too much about that personally. I mean if it's really more real then I'm all for it. 

The R11s driver is noticeably better than the original. SO a move to level 94 does kind of make sense. But I got it already and am at level 94 so no worries there. 

Now the big issue. Making all level 70 clubs a Pro tier requirement? Well, it's a step in the right direction, but I have to agree with TBE. I don't think there are too many Hack and Amateurs that we have to worry about. I think a Master tier qualification is more in line. But that's just my opinion. Oh and seemingly TBE's. LOL. 

But overall I applaud WGT's efforts here. You guys at the office are doing a remarkable job and I relish the thought of what WGT is going to be like a year from now. I'll rate this update a 7 out of 10 lightsabers. 

Master Yoda

RSS