Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • peoch
    1,127 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 7:45 AM

This is a very good thing from WGT

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 8:34 AM

Back spin on a chip was a life saver at times, wish you had not taken that away. But please dont mess with the spin on the ole floperoo,s :-)

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 11:25 AM

Yes.  Back on topic I will state my view again.

The driver - it seems to me all this does is make the game easier for the best players and continue to increase the advantage they have.

Golfdum:

Please re-think this matter. The higher level good players will simply stay hitting it better and further. The mediocre players will be the ones that suffer.

L70+ equipment - this is a step in the right direction.  But requiring only Pro level to unlock is ROFLOL!    I understand this is an attempt to combat sandbagging.  It is a tiny baby step in the right direction.  Here are some possible solutions to the sandbagging issue:

MPC and Skins - Allow for an option to set up a challenge game with any conditions... wind, green speed and tee boxes.  At minimum, tee boxes need to be configurable for challenge matches so all play from the same tee.  Also, make it so you can edit and discuss the conditions in the lobby before you agree to the challenge.  Once in the the lobby, conditions and challenge amount can be edited and agreed on.  Then the challenge is offered and accepted.

For Tier tournaments:  the top equipment needs to be tier based.  If u reach those levels and are not yet legend, but  you wish to purchase the best equipment, then you are made a legend.

It just isn't fair to have R11s in Master and TM tourneys.  It creates sandbagging.  The Pros and TP don't want to move to higher tier cuz they know they have no chance whatsoever verses R11s.  The Masters and TM don't want to move to legend cuz then they will face the top players in the game who also have R11s and their huge advantage is gone since they also will be playing from the farthest tees.  It's pretty much all messed up as it exists right now.

Someone said this is buying legend.  My answer:  so what?  As it currently exists, no Master or TM wants to be a Legend.  Why would u when you can get the best gear and stay in an easier competitive bracket with easier conditions???  Apparently, there are some Pros who feel the same way too.

If equipment was Tier based, and there was more equipment to try, test out, rent, as you level up within each Tier, the driver issue would be a non-issue.  Moving the driver back to L94 is an attempt to prevent Masters and TM from increasing their advantage over lower level players in their Tier... remember many of them already have the R11s ffs.  Yet, moving it back totally screws over the lower level legends who are now disadvantaged even longer.... and to top it off... the Master and TM who already have it get to keep it and stay in their current Tier.   WGT, this move penalizes honest players and increases the advantage for the current baggers.  As stated already, a side effect of this move increases the advantage for the top players.  Please consider a different solution to address sandbagging.

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 12:35 PM

lee22sharon:

To:  egonweber

The tiers/levels, hogwash!  Money rules here so let it rule.  Just because you can buy it has no bearing on whether or not you are good enough to use it effectivey.

STARTER CLUBS!  Toally unnecessary,  why have them?  Let free enterprize run its course.  The best way to learn any sport is thru pratice,  with guidence/coaching from an experienced person.  All of that can be found within the training videos and our all inclusive forums.  More and beter information can not be found anywhere.  my nickle.

100% agree, practice practice and more practice makes you better. The videolessons are a good start, i used them when i startet play this funny/addictive game. But again a good club in wrong hands is useless!!

Back to topic!

It is good improvements you have done wgt. thx for that!!

:-)

Egon

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 12:40 PM

After reading some of the responses, I see many are in a dilema over this move concerning the R11 S driver. What I see, is that many of you as players, spent way too much time chasing the Legend rabbit and not working on the levels. Now that most have attained Legend, you find yourself  on the short end of the stick when it comes to your clubs.If it`s any consolation, you can still get  the G-20 LVL81 and have a chance. When compared, the R11S, only gives you a 1/2 dot more precision, 1/2 dot more forgiveness and 4 more yds. avg. than the G-20 lvl 81. I`m currently working on lvl 89, which is 486,988 points and only need 20,106 to reach level 90.I`m on the Master tier and dont care if I never reach Legend but will have the clubs when I do. So the heart breaker  is , is that now you have too take the time that you play and focus on XPs or buy your way up. Either way W.G.T. is going to make a lot of money off you guys Happy Golfing, play well and have fun.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 12:49 PM

lonniescott711:

After reading some of the responses, I see many are in a dilema over this move concerning the R11 S driver. What I see, is that many of you as players, spent way too much time chasing the Legend rabbit and not working on the levels. Now that most have attained Legend, you find yourself  on the short end of the stick when it comes to your clubs.If it`s any consolation, you can still get  the G-20 LVL81 and have a chance. When compared, the R11S, only gives you a 1/2 dot more precision, 1/2 dot more forgiveness and 4 more yds. avg. than the G-20 lvl 81. I`m currently working on lvl 89, which is 486,988 points and only need 20,106 to reach level 90.I`m on the Master tier and dont care if I never reach Legend but will have the clubs when I do. So the heart breaker  is , is that now you have too take the time that you play and focus on XPs or buy your way up. Either way W.G.T. is going to make a lot of money off you guys Happy Golfing, play well and have fun.

You are wrong.  No one chases a legend rabbit.  That is total non-sense.  Being Legend is a penalty and everyone who's played the game at Master knows this... and no one is trying to make legend as you have astutely confirmed.  This is the problem!

There is one cool thing about being a Legend... you get to play in WGT sponsored Legend tourneys where the purse is 500-1000 credits more.  No worries, the same Top 10 - 20 win them all anyway.  That is incentive!!  Hooray!!

Thank you for proving my point.

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 1:01 PM

Your statement about chasing the legend rabbit is pure folly,  i wanted legend because it shows that i had a level of consistency , to chase legend you gotta be able to have a 61.0 average, would you prefer if folk sandbag at tourmaster?, so as to level up first. lol work at your level gotta love that..

i got the g20 lvl81 drvr and it a fine club and does the job, i had to get it once i reached legend, but there is a bigger dog out there and i want that more, but it seems its just been pushed out of reach from us because of feedback..who gave this feedback? the folk that already have it and did they say push it back  coz it to good for others to have but its cool for us? are they giving the club back if its to good and so unfair to have this kinda club, again would love to see  who these plyrs where who gave this feedback that allows them to have it but takes it further away from us

again tho you say spent to much time chasing legend, is it our fault we put in good scores, maybe should have put some bogeys inm on the last few holes and sandbag so i could work on my lvl, priceless statement from the guy/girl.

Any how if it stays at 94 lvl then so be it, chances are there be a bttr toy out there by the time im close to it any way

regards

ladzrls

• labordayk
    389 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 1:07 PM

WGTwildcat:

• R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment, to make the game a little more balanced, on 8/1/12 we're planning to move the R11S Driver unlock from Level 90 to Level 94. This will give any players in the high Level 80s a full month to level-up to unlock and purchase the club, then it will move permanently to Level 94. Note that players who have already purchased the club will be unaffected.

Not sure how having the option to buy the R11S Driver taken away from me helps the fairness of the game.

Not exactly swimming in credits right now, but maybe I'll have a windfall before Aug. 1.  Then, I'll just need one more windfall to get the L92 G.S.  Oh, and a few more windfalls to start regularly using Nike balls.

• xXxjasonxXx
    688 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 1:16 PM

WGTwildcat:
    Level 70+ Equipment - A small number of players at lower tiers (Hack/Amateur) have leveled up very quickly and are purchasing top equipment, but are still playing from the shorter Hack/Amateur tee boxes, making those games and tournaments a little unfair. To avoid this from happening in the future, all equipment Level 70 or higher will require a Pro or higher tier to unlock. Existing equipment and players will not be affected.

i agree 100% with everything other then this,, should start from G20ty's witch are at level 59 they are high loft an long irons this is right where all the probs start with them lower tiers,,, pro an tour pro's,,,,,,  u can drive the greens at them tiers with the G20ty's so in all honesty what yall should do is just set it to where you have to be master or higher tier in order to get any of the high loft irons an 270 plus drivers an legend to get the high end clubs like the r11's an so on,,,,, that would be the best thing to do an im sure everyone would agree 200% with me other then the sandbagger's lol but ty very much WGT for trying to work with us on this, in the end there will be more XP boost sold im sure an alot less complaining about sandbagger's an leaves everyone on a lot more equal playing field,, an clubs should not be set futher ahead for many good reason's u will have your fair players that want to become legend so i'll get to the point SET IT BY WHAT TIER YOU ARE NOT BY WHAT LEVEL THAT ALSO WILL HELP WITH YOUR SALE'S ON CLUBS BUT WILL KEEP THEM OUT OF THEM LOWER TIERS HANDS WHERE THEY DONT BELONG.............

• MBidney
    145 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 1:21 PM

The sandbagging solution is simple.  Clubs and balls should have nothing to do with level.  Should be tied to tier only.

All players in the same tier should have access to the same equipment.  So everyone in tier is always on the same playing field.

Or leave it as it is, but make Legend only clubs.

This seems like a reasonable solution.

RSS