• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 11:01 PM

Get the last word in ffs.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 11:13 PM

Read it all!, again!

My view:  Open up the Pro Shop to anyone with credits with NO predetermined requirements. 

Review the standing criteria for advancement.  It is simply to easy now! 

The Legends are bored? any way they are upset.  A level specific remedy must be found. 

Many suggestions have been made in the forums several with out of the box solutions.  No one can make everyone satisfied, especally when there is a built in limit as to how far someone can progress.  My Nickle hope it helps.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 11:44 PM

I want longer tees.....

When are they comin?

tbe

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 11:48 PM

thebigeasy707:
    I want longer tees.....

After I hit..I step ba k a few feet

just saying;0

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 2:03 AM

Good improvements

Well done.

question

those who already bought the R11s, will not get the new dynamics of the upgraded R11s?

edit: havent read the whole thread, but one of the last posts:

lee22sharon:
    The Legends are bored? any way they are upset.  A level specific remedy must be found. 

Very true, seasoned Legends all crying for new challenges.

NEW legends however are a quivering mess.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 3:54 AM

A tier only limit for equipment would be bad business for WGT, leveling up means you have to play a lot, not just play good. I do not mind WGT earning money, so any solution must IMO be designed so that business is not hurt. 

milfshake, even if slightly annoying, make some good points. "Sandbagging" is often something that is in the eye of the beholder. I think the sand bagging issue can be solved without involving the shop, only two changes is necessary

1. In Challenge games: Show stats about the player that is relevant for the specific type of game.  The average that we see now is flawed anyway (since it only counts the best rounds, it is more an indicator of how many ranked rounds they have played). Show his equipment as well, you would see that on a real coarse. If a Pro with R11's and 97-11 in wins is challenging you and you can actually immediately see the equipment and stats, then you know what you are getting yourself into accepting a challenge. This would even things out since a "sandbagger" can easily have a list of the top players and the average combined with level of a Master+ gives him a decent idea of what he is up against. 
    2. Default mode for tournaments should be that everyone plays from the same tee and have the same green. There could be amateur tournaments for hacks and amateurs, but as soon as you go pro, you play from the same tee as the established pros - the masters and the legends. The current tier based could still be there if the pros want to compete against the pros, but with no credits as a reward (otherwise ppl would stay pro's and be satisfied with crushing the new guys that comes in)

Personally I am not so fond of ranked rounds, I prefer match play and alt shot, but I am still trying to reach Legend (I am TM at 61.54 lvl 83) just because a friend I play with most is a Legend and I want to beat him from the same tee. If it was not for that, I would not really play many ranked rounds because the ranking itself is not important for me. I play no tournaments (used to, but there is no way of winning anything in an honest way anymore, and that is not only due to sandbaggers) and I only play Challenges against friends. I can understand those who do not feel like playing hundreds of ranked rounds.

No, just show more info about a player before we accept a challenge and have the "real" tournaments played from the same tee, with the same greens, and the sandbagging problem is out of the way.

A positive side effect for WGT by having the tournaments from the same tee's would be that everybody would really need to level up to get equipment good enough to the tournaments and they would also like to reach Legend tier so that they could play those tee's on a normal basis.

• Willsstrs
    632 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 4:07 AM

MBaggese:

thebigeasy707:
    I want longer tees.....

After I hit..I step ba k a few feet

just saying;0

LOL!!! ya know what I like to do? I play the championship tees on the first hole then no one sees me so I move up :)

oh yeh and when there's a blind approach I miss my putt, make a fist pump, walk around the green with the flag and put it back...then I can say it went in lol...its sandbagging irl!!!!

Oh yeh I forgot- you put sandbags behind the hole wen u putt...especially downhill so u never have 6 ft comin back lol!!! not THAT'S sandbagging...

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 4:21 AM

WGTwildcat:

Based on recent player feedback in the Forums, WGT is making a few changes to help improve the realism and fairness of the game. We wanted to share these changes as soon as possible for your feedback...

• Chipping on Greens - Players are able to take unfair advantage of chipping on greens to make an unrealistic amount of putts. On 5/30/12 we removed the option of controlling ball spin when chipping on greens, and on 6/28/12 we increased the variability of chipping on greens. This better matches how chipping on greens works in the real world, so players can still chip on greens but are unlikely to sink a lot of those chips.
    • R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment, to make the game a little more balanced, on 8/1/12 we're planning to move the R11S Driver unlock from Level 90 to Level 94. This will give any players in the high Level 80s a full month to level-up to unlock and purchase the club, then it will move permanently to Level 94. Note that players who have already purchased the club will be unaffected.
    • Level 70+ Equipment - A small number of players at lower tiers (Hack/Amateur) have leveled up very quickly and are purchasing top equipment, but are still playing from the shorter Hack/Amateur tee boxes, making those games and tournaments a little unfair. To avoid this from happening in the future, all equipment Level 70 or higher will require a Pro or higher tier to unlock. Existing equipment and players will not be affected.

I go away for a short time and someone copy's my name? geesh lmao

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 4:41 AM

Great changes WGT! I have to agree with a few earlier post, master would have been inline with the level 70+ but still a step in the right direction. Thank You.

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 4:46 AM

Milfshake:
    Im waitng for a HUGE PRIZE at my Tier.

If that isn't admitting to sandbagging, I don't know what is.

WGT - you did it with Saveatatas, you need to do it with this moron too.  Move him up to TM and let him stew in it!

RSS