Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • LuisCraveiro
    749 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 4:06 PM

mkg335:
    I agree with all those who say that access to clubs should be tier-dependent, not level-dependent.  I was lucky enough to be close to level 90 when the new driver was released and recently acquired it.  Every player who's achieved Legend should have access to this fine club.

mkg335:
    I sincerely hope the powers-that-be reconsider their decision.

I agree!

Luis

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 4:54 PM

LuisCraveiro:

mkg335:
    I sincerely hope the powers-that-be reconsider their decision.

I agree!

Luis

Luis, it's gratifying to have the support of one of the top players on this site...thanks very much!

WGT, are you listening?

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 5:04 PM

Maybe I'm wrong - but I feel that this is financially driven.  I'm guessing they aren't selling to many virtual R11 drivers at level 88 with everyone knowing that they are only two levels away from the R11S.  If that is moved back to level 94 and approx 600,000 pts further away then most will likely buy the R11 and then still get the R11S when they get to 94.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 5:34 PM

Spammage, I hope you're wrong but I fear you're right.  It's a logical move, albeit a cynical one.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 5:39 PM

mkg335:

Spammage, I hope you're wrong but I fear you're right.  It's a logical move, albeit a cynical one.

Yes. Hard to feel sympathy fro WGT. It is very expensive to play this game if you want the good stuff and they do not seem to develop anything but the business model. One would expect a forever-beta to evolve a lot more than this game does.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 6:39 PM

mkg335:

WGT, are you listening?

Sure they're listening................they clearly don't give a crap........else they'd have moved back to the tier based system to stop  lower tiers getting their hands on the higher tier clubs......they'd take a serious stance against multi accounters/multi restarters etc etc etc....

But all of these have one thing in common........they bring wgt too much $$$.

As they say in Spain.......Go Figure!

tbe

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 7:01 PM

SamanthaWho:
    I still would like to know what feedback WGT received asking that the R11s driver should be moved to a higher level.

I agree. Who was the player, with a lot of pull around here, who got beat by someone they believe they shouldn't have simply because their opponent's "clubs were too good"? Would be very disturbing if that's what this comes down too, also would not be the least bit surprising. But, I agree with others that it's all profit driven. As it is, there is not enough space between the old and the new R11 for WGT to get people to buy the original. The trek from 88 to 90 was a long one.... When I finally got there, I bought everything new I could, but at the time I hit 90 I had been patiently waiting for the R11 irons, the driver was just an added bonus that popped up a couple days before I got there. Anyways, equipment should be tier based, sandbaggers should not be rewarded for being sandbaggers. No reason a Legend shouldn't have access to this club, absolutely no reason a level 91 'pro' should.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 7:05 PM

For me personally it does not really matter if they move the R11s to level 94 - I am currently Legend at L83 and it will probably take me about a year to reach L90. If I play daily. The R11s will be old by then :)

I do worry a bit though - they need to bring better and better equipment to make sure we buy and buy, but I think we are already at the point where many clubs are simply too good. We never need to roll a ball on the green in normal circumstances, we just put enough spin so it drops like a dead duck regardless of the undulation. Sometimes I find myself hoping a bad shot will roll off the green so that I can pitch instead of putt since the Cleveland wedges can stop a Nike within a couple of feets from touchdown. I have never seen shots like that IRL.

WGT needs to be a bit creative because I feel that this game can quickly become boring if all you need for success is a calculator and good timing in your index finger. I kind of miss the times with the crappy equipment when you really needed to plan for the fact that your approach shots would roll several yards.

Seriously - if next generation clubs have even more forgiveness, even more spin, then it does not matter how pretty the courses are, it will never look like real golf.

• Topcat488
    172 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 8:52 PM

I apologize for my previous posting in this thread.  To Borntobesting, SGT  Bilko, and WGT, i'm  sorry for my negative posts.  I don't gamble in ready go's, or matchplay. But was ready to upgrade, at level 90, and really, really, wanted that R11s to go with the level 90 irons.  I won't enter Legend Tournaments though, unless i have a chance to compete...  Until then, its practice rounds until the field of play is leveled.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 9:23 PM

Topcat488:

I won't enter Legend Tournaments though, unless i have a chance to compete...  Until then, its practice rounds until the field of play is leveled.

It's not the R11 Driver you need most mate.

Need to get the putting stats....sand save/scrambling improved a bit.

5 or 10 yrds distance on drives ain't gonna sort that out much.

having said that..............moving the R11s up 4 levels smells of crap for sure and shows what lengths WGT will go to just to try and squeeze a little extra $$$ on sales of the R11 driver knowing folks will upgrade 4 levels later.

WGT's greed is their misfortune and will be their downfall.

My Nike ball purchases are down 66% because I've grown a little too pi$$ed off at the one way traffic....i.e WGT's way or no way.

Reading between the lines and how things are currently going.....most likely this is my last year playing because I don't like greed.

Sure WGT needs to make $$$ I understand that.....but it seems WGT aren't just happy ripping the pants off us.....they want the socks & belt off us too.

There's more than money.....one day WGT will understand this.

tbe

RSS