I cannot believe...............

Tue, Jul 10 2012 6:40 AM (42 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 7:43 AM

jvr86:

alosso:

jvr86:

lol I cant put my ball inside 10 feet on the challenge #1.

Yes you can: Drown it!

you are wrong! lol 0.19 ft.  :)

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=cc3f55a1-37ae-49ec-ac0f-a0880066119a

Ty, been looking for a line to get me under to my present 5 feet. thanks..

• drakeshead
    285 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 7:51 AM

This was mine and if it hadn't gone in it would be between 7/10 feet past

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=9daa5943-5f0c-499f-b107-a087008a9bbd

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 7:55 AM

chrisironsbones:
    Ty, been looking for a line to get me under to my present 5 feet. thanks..

no probs :)

finding the line is hard, What I do know is that power need to be set between 17-19 feet (for that line I used). I made it now a couple of times. think 17 or something is my best for all the course lol 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 8:34 AM

GerryTS:
    Jim , what made you think to use the 300 ft scale on your putter.

Using larger scales for putts keeps the backswing very short and easier to ding. For example, trying to hit a 100 foot putt on a 100 foot scale means you're using almost all of the meter and you know what trying to ding that is like. Using the 300 foot scale roughly translates to a 1/3 of that swing which is much easier to time and ding.  I use avatar moves to putt and know that 1 move on my 92 Ghost 300 foot scale is 43 feet on tournament greens. :-)

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:02 PM

alosso:

jvr86:

lol I cant put my ball inside 10 feet on the challenge #1.

Yes you can: Drown it!

I have made it once...  The closest I came without holing it was 5.5'

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 12:09 AM

YankeeJim:

GerryTS:

Using larger scales for putts keeps the backswing very short and easier to ding. For example, trying to hit a 100 foot putt on a 100 foot scale means you're using almost all of the meter and you know what trying to ding that is like. Using the 300 foot scale roughly translates to a 1/3 of that swing which is much easier to time and ding.  I use avatar moves to putt and know that 1 move on my 92 Ghost 300 foot scale is 43 feet on tournament greens. :-)

Thats a great tip YJ. I must try that. Do you think a 10,20,30 foot putter is easier to deal with rather than a 15,25,50 foot putter that I use? Was thinking about purchasing the Nike putter but I am so used to my Ghost putter even with the odd number configurations. Im an odd person so odd putters dont bother me too much.

Let me know what you think.

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 12:20 AM

pjctas0822:

YankeeJim:

GerryTS:

Thats a great tip YJ. I must try that. Do you think a 10,20,30 foot putter is easier to deal with rather than a 15,25,50 foot putter that I use? Was thinking about purchasing the Nike putter but I am so used to my Ghost putter even with the odd number configurations. Im an odd person so odd putters dont bother me too much.

Let me know what you think.

just remember the longer the scale the less precision it have. try to play around 50% (between 30% & 70%)  of the scale. you don't want to use the 100 feet scale for a 9 feet putt, and is not good either to use the 25 feet scale for a 24 ft putt. 

For example I use the 100 feet scale for putts between 40ft and 70ft; for a 75ft putt I use half power of the 150 scale.... etc,

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 12:26 AM

pjctas0822:
    Do you think a 10,20,30 foot putter is easier to deal with rather than a 15,25,50 foot putter that I use?

the scale is the less important thing, with a putter pal, a ruler or whatever method you use to judge distance, the result is the same because is linear power. (half power is half power)

the presicion of the ghost is the  best, but the nike forgive better and it is easy to ding. Is up to what of those stats you feel better with. 

Probably nike putter is better for those who miss ding to aim. 

and probably, like for me, the ghost is better to try to ding all shots, because is too precise...

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 12:45 AM

jvr86:
    he scale is the less important thing, with a putter pal, a ruler or whatever method you use to judge distance, the result is the same because is linear power. (half power is half power)

Thanks for the info but I am not that serious into the game as to use any tools like that at all. I rely on repetition for all of that. With your advice I will save my credits for the Cleveland wedges once i get to that level.

Thank you.

PS When the greens are Tournament greens if I have a 17 foot putt and its downhill with a tailwind i do use the lower putter @ 15 feet. Thats just me though. They dont call me 3puttpaul for nothing :)

RSS