Forums

Help › Forums

I cannot believe...............

Tue, Jul 10 2012 6:40 AM (42 replies)
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 1:38 AM

This is just a little tip for those who are struggling to hole out the 1st hole.

Ok, so here is how i aced the 1st on BPB 15th. Bear in mind im using a widescreen PC. 1st thing i did was move my cursor all the way to the left in reverse view (see pic), until it touches the side (black bar at the left), then i lifted the cursor until i saw the distance as 30ft. I then put my putter on the 60 foot increment, gave it 2 clicks which is roughly 24 feet of power, and brought it back about 6feet. So the distance of power i used is roughly 18 feet of power. Try this, and then dial it in from there. It took me about 7 attempts to nail this 1, and i have nailed it a few times since then using this. If you miss the hole, it could roll past about 10 feet.

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 2:13 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

This is just a little tip for those who are struggling to hole out the 1st hole.

Ok, so here is how i aced the 1st on BPB 15th. Bear in mind im using a widescreen PC. 1st thing i did was move my cursor all the way to the left in reverse view (see pic), until it touches the side (black bar at the left), then i lifted the cursor until i saw the distance as 30ft. I then put my putter on the 60 foot increment, gave it 2 clicks which is roughly 24 feet of power, and brought it back about 6feet. So the distance of power i used is roughly 18 feet of power. Try this, and then dial it in from there. It took me about 7 attempts to nail this 1, and i have nailed it a few times since then using this. If you miss the hole, it could roll past about 10 feet.

OH MY! I nailed the first attempt with your method... I promise you, firs attempt, 18ft power, dinged shot.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=b01ce497-7673-44aa-b1ea-a0890097d328

THANK YOU VERY MUCH 

J.

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 2:22 AM

ArrVeeAussie:

This is straight from Einstein...I swear!

When lining up for a putt, one must first gauge the elevatory gravitational pull which one's ball may be subjected to. This can be done by measuring the amount of sunlight on the top of the ball, and dividing that area by the amount of shade.

Once that is determined, one can then proceed to use the following mathematical equation to accurately determine not only the length of the putt in real terms, but also the strength of which to hit it.

So: M = ( xy - pq) x ( bogey - %5) + birdie = eagle - albatross = Mc2 

Thus...creating the algarythmical difference in the 2 planes between putt start & putt end.

Please notice the word PAR does not even enter the equation.

This is my formula...and I swear by it!

:)

Looks ok to me. Speed of light equals 1 (fast bugger); so no prob there. Just wondering if you could factor in the effect of any given amount of whiskey used on the 19th on the holes played prior to that. Given that time-space continuum is linear (between 1 and 18), that should be possible.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 2:35 AM

jvr86:

TWOMINUSONE:

OH MY! I nailed the first attempt with your method... I promise you, firs attempt, 18ft power, dinged shot.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=b01ce497-7673-44aa-b1ea-a0890097d328

THANK YOU VERY MUCH 

J.

LOL, but it looks like the link isnt working JVR, and there is no saved replay in your Profile. But if you did nail that from this post, then im glad to have helped my man, cheers.

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 2:46 AM

TWOMINUSONE:
    LOL, but it looks like the link isnt working JVR, and there is no saved replay in your Profile. But if you did nail that from this post, then im glad to have helped my man, cheers.

lol, sorry, left the link URL in blank, it is fixed now in my post. 

and yes is the perfect line, I made it 3 times in a row, then I started to ding and I started to miss the hole by few inches... may be I lost the line at the exact pixel. 

I had a good line before but needed to much power and the miss was sending the ball 15+ feet away, lots of lip outs too, by the strength.

yours is the line that leave the ball closer when miss!

Now moving to hole #2 lol. is a progress.

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 5:11 AM

ArrVeeAussie:

Well Mr 7TH,

I am so glad you mentioned that! Can't believe I omitted such crucial information in my 1st post!

As some would say in Holland....Gotsomme kraakepitte hereye kaleedaklomper! ( excuse the spelling)

I must add,that if on Irish whiskey, allow 2 cubic metres x S.O.L.

Scottish blends require an additional 3 cubic meters, and bourbon requires counselling :)

The T.S continuum on all 3 is similar...around 4.5

Hope this helps :)

Hmmm...dunno if it helped tbh. Just did a 33 on Olympic. The T.S. continuum being at 4.5-ish, and my clear and present desire (already on the 4th hole i must admit) for some Single Malt's in the 19th; 33 seems a little dissapointing.....OMG....it just hit me...

Is the bar even open around the time i was on the 4th??

PS:"Gotsomme kraakepitte hereye kaleedaklomper!": Be carefull what you wish for whenever you are in our soon-to-be-swallowed-by-the-see little country. An innocent passerby might get it wrong, and you would wake up with a clog sticking out where the sun don't shine (anymore) :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 5:22 AM

pjctas0822:
    Do you think a 10,20,30 foot putter is easier to deal with rather than a 15,25,50 foot putter that I use?

I've never used a putter with that scale. I like the 15,25,50,100,150,300 that comes with the Ghost but I've also figured out what each move is on each scale. If you're comfortable with what you have, stick with it. Putters don't come with putts.  ;-)

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 10:12 AM

ArrVeeAussie:

7thwave:
    PS:"Gotsomme kraakepitte hereye kaleedaklomper!": Be carefull what you wish for whenever you are in our soon-to-be-swallowed-by-the-see little country.

hahaha...was I close? LOL

Define close. And close to what? Some of my less peace loving countrymen want your head on a platter and your family inialated. That would put you close to extision; not sure that was what you were looking for. I'll try and calm them down; if i can find them. Last i heard they were booking tickets for down under

RSS