Help › Forums

Wedgies

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 26 2012 11:43 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Masterius
    33 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 9:49 PM

I understand that, in addition to the required clubs you can have up to 5 optional to go along with them in your bag.  Here is my question:

I have three wedges that I prefer, and like.  However, I've a fourth that's part of the irons 'package'.  I can't remove it and replace it with one of my wedges, so effectively I've lost room for an optional club.  

is there any way that I can replace the iron set wedge with one of mine, in order to free up an additional optional club?

Thanks!

~Masterius

• bblackh1
    159 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 9:59 PM

We cannot remove the PW or 3I from the Irons set yet to

free a spot.  We have asked for this earlier.

bblackh1

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 10:00 PM

The iron set comes in a package, and no1 has yet found a way to drop a single club from there - some want to drop their 3i IIRC.

Therefore, the answer must be no.

OTOH, I don't see a reason for this step. My PW is well stepped in distance below the irons, 155 - 140 - 110, it should be possible to continue smoothly w/ the shorter wedges.

• Masterius
    33 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 8:27 PM

alosso:

The iron set comes in a package, and no1 has yet found a way to drop a single club from there - some want to drop their 3i IIRC.

Therefore, the answer must be no.

OTOH, I don't see a reason for this step. My PW is well stepped in distance below the irons, 155 - 140 - 110, it should be possible to continue smoothly w/ the shorter wedges.

Just because you do not see a reason for someone wanting this ability doesn't mean others do not, as well. 

I happen to prefer the performance of my chosen wedges over that of my iron set, and I do not need two clubs having the same effective distance but nothing else in common.

• kingpin82
    145 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 8:44 PM

Re: Wedgies:

Definition- Informal the condition of having one's underpants or other clothing uncomfortably stuck between the buttocks.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 11:53 PM

Masterius:

alosso:

[...]

Just because you do not see a reason for someone wanting this ability doesn't mean others do not, as well. 

I happen to prefer the performance of my chosen wedges over that of my iron set, and I do not need two clubs having the same effective distance but nothing else in common.

Seems that my opinion is less welcome than yours? Why you ask then?

OTOH, it appears that your irons and wedges aren't matched together too well...

Pls xcuse me for posting my opinion.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 1:06 AM

I played a guy the other day with 4 wedges and a single driver.

As you replace the Hybrid with a wedge , you could also replace the 3W

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 7:18 AM

...and the driver too :)

Or, as I read from icon, load four different putters to compete in the Nation putting contest.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 7:24 AM

alosso:
    Or, as I read from icon, load four different putters to compete in the Nation putting contest.

Which you can't do either.  ;-)

• PAGES
RSS