3,524 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 7:39 AM

Just drop your 3 wood and stick in the same distance wedge as your PW

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 8:56 AM

YankeeJim:

alosso:
    Or, as I read from icon, load four different putters to compete in the Nation putting contest.

Which you can't do either.  ;-)

Suppose you don't speak about the putters (?)

While winning seems to be quite tough and contention may be difficult, competing is still possible IMO :)

Some 32' / rank 588 is good enough for me.

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 9:17 AM

chrisironsbones:

Just drop your 3 wood and stick in the same distance wedge as your PW

Why would you want a wedge with the same distance as the wedge in your set? Gap them as closely as you can with same distance gap as the rest of your iron set. You can always use the punch to fill in any gaps and many times the punched wedge is more reliable than a full wedge shot as it is not affected as much by the wind. 

• Masterius
    33 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 12:33 AM

See, here's the thing alosso: I didn't ask for opinions, I'd asked a question about whether something was possible to do within the game.  

I'd asked "Is there any way that I can replace the iron set wedge with one of mine, in order to free up an additional optional club?"  Now, if I had posted, "What do people think about being able to replace the iron set pitching wedge with a different wedge?" and you had replied with your opinion, and then I had gotten huffy, well, yes . . . I would have been rude.

I had suspected my irons and wedges weren't matched all that well.  It's nice to have that confirmed by a reliable source.  ::lopsided grin::  One of these days I'll be replacing the iron set, as I slowly but surely bank survey credits.

I don't suppose you have any personal recommendations as to irons?

~Masterius 

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 12:46 AM

borntobesting:
    Why would you want a wedge with the same distance as the wedge in your set? Gap them as closely as you can with same distance gap as the rest of your iron set. You can always use the punch to fill in any gaps and many times the punched wedge is more reliable than a full wedge shot as it is not affected as much by the wind. 

I read it too quickly, i presumed he liked his PW and wanted to keep it,instead he wants to take it out and get a different wedge instead

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 2:20 AM

See this thing, Masterius: You asked for something in the public and - besides of a direct answer since you were lucky - got opinions unfavourable for you or those you didn't ask for. You'll only avoid this by omission of the former.

Masterius:

I don't suppose you have any personal recommendations as to irons?

Yes I have ;)

I like my G20s, they play long, have high trajectory and quite slow a meter. Best thing was, they were available when I needed them. Thus, a blind recommendation for players like me.

Alas, your needs may be different, as to the playing features of the irons, tier, level, costs - who knows?

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 2:58 AM

kingpin82:

Re: Wedgies:

Definition- Informal the condition of having one's underpants or other clothing uncomfortably stuck between the buttocks.

played a guy the other day....he shanked a pitching wedge right......he definitely had a case of the wedgies...........as his movements seemed somewhat restricted.....

:-)

• bblackh1
    159 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 11:43 PM

Masterius,

"personal recommendations as to irons?"

You might want to consider the Ping K15 iron set. 

I am still playing those now.  Unbelievable clubs.

bblackh1

• PAGES
RSS