Satanic WGT messages in Nation putting challenge

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 11 2012 10:41 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 8:45 PM

Oh this just cracked me up.

I have a very tweaked putting power formula that I have been using recently.

for uphill putts (not going to drop my "secret" for downhill putts yet - it's not perfected yet... anyways)

d = distance e = elevation

on tournament greens v = 0.7

(e - 10) * +10 + (d * v) + 2

don't forget to account for break and wind!

so basically we multiply any elevation beyond 10" by the variable. so if the putt on tourney greens is ^  15 in.  we add  13.5 for elevation.

WGT Nation best of putting challenge.

72 feet to hole up 16 in.

e = 16

d = 72

v = .7

do the math. (don't forget to add the 2 at the end!)

If this was any other hole besides #6 I'd say it is a coincidence. But since it is #6, my only possible conclusion is that this formula is %100 perfect.

besides, I aced this one first time out!

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 9:04 PM

I understand formulas and such but man it must take people who use these formulas for every single shot damnnear the same amount of time to shoot a round on here as if it were a real life round. :) I even heard someone mention using eraseable markers on their monitors ? My goodness seriously?

Definitely not the way I play Games lol. Would definitely not want to shoot a round with someone who does or uses a formula for every single shot from tee to green from hole 1 to hole 18 lol . Just thinking about that makes me laugh.

I couldnt do it and I guess Ill never be a top player . Id like to know how many top Legends dont use formulas.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 9:08 PM

lol.....I get it but won't spoil it ;-).

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 9:14 PM

pjctas0822:
    understand formulas and such but man it must take people who use these formulas for every single shot damnnear the same amount of time to shoot a round on here as if it were a real life round.
     Just make sure when you play them you're on the 30 second shot clock...

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 9:19 PM

Doublemochaman:

pjctas0822:
    understand formulas and such but man it must take people who use these formulas for every single shot damnnear the same amount of time to shoot a round on here as if it were a real life round.

BHAHAHAHAHHA Good One !

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 9:22 PM

Doublemochaman:

pjctas0822:

if elevation is less than 10 in, uphill, you just ignore half that formula.

I'm not doing this with my abacus, takes less than 5 seconds with windows calculator, or any calculator with a memory function.

Besides, I don't care weather or not you want to try to putt with the formula or not. Just plug it in for this particular putt and see what you get.

Just found it funny is all.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 9:28 PM

some of us retired so we DIDNT have to do math

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 9:51 PM

pjctas0822:

Id like to know how many top Legends dont use formulas.

I don't use anything at all complicated and certainly nothing that requires a calculator.  I don't think the game would remain fun if it was that much work on each shot.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 10:17 PM

birdwell:
    If this was any other hole besides #6 I'd say it is a coincidence. But since it is #6, my only possible conclusion is that this formula is %100 perfect.

the devil made ya do it!!!

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 10:27 PM

wow  ,birdwell, stop , i feel my head going to explose,   to  much  math  ,    LOL  i  mostly  take   good  guess     calculated  guess  lol   just fun .    but  great  if  you have your formulat   and it  works  for all ,  i always had prob  with maths  so be it :)

• PAGES
RSS