Forums

Help › Forums

Putting affects durability? It does!

Wed, Oct 3 2012 9:32 AM (36 replies)
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 12:29 PM

I thought putting didnt affect the durability of the ball!!!?!?!?!??!    I was playing CTTH and shocked to see that a ball had been replaced!!  

COME ON!!!!!

You know what else would be really lame, not having the British Open!!! Oh wait!!!  charge more, offer less.......fking a&&h%0les........

Its the principle!! You say a lost ball in real life would disappear, yes.  Well how many balls do you need to putt all day!!!  

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 1:15 PM

Hi tt,

it's always been the same.

-wgticon

• Santiago124
    157 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 1:42 PM

Hi WGTicon... I understand why the other gentleman would be upset and though I dont subscribe to "Symbolic messaging", i do recall having come across...either in FAQ or a thread within the forum that putting does not affect the balls "life meter"... I am certain of that.....so now, it does?...I'm having difficulty accepting your response that "it's always been the same"...perhaps, an excerpt from WGT documentation would help clarify this matter.

Thanks andmore power to you!

Santi

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 1:47 PM

WGTicon:

Hi tt,

it's always been the same.

-wgticon

I dont give a sh!&.   You want realistic, then dont take the fking balls when putting.   Its a bunch of bullnut............  Jesus F(&*%() Ch^%&   !!!

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 1:52 PM

stay cool my friend but WGT have some explaining. this is copied from their own HELP section.

What is the ball durability limit?

Each ball can only be used for a limited number of shots. The number of hits will be tracked and displayed on the swing interface in the game under the HITS meter. This will give you an estimate of how many hits you have left with that ball. Putts are not counted as a hit to the ball.

so if its true that the durability is decreasing during the ctth putting comp we are all being duped.

• BPZ427
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 2:11 PM

maybe not in a CTTH game. if a putt is one of the challenges then you hit the ball. just saying. otherwise in stroke or match play putts probably don't count. I personally would like to see durability removed you should play a ball until lost or hit in the water. I do in real golf, unless it has been cut by something.

• D51nn3tt
    73 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 2:32 PM

Anybody else noticing this cause it's taking my balls also ? WGTicon wuz up with that ?

• D51nn3tt
    73 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 2:36 PM

Are you guys looking into this or are we to assume that you just couldn't stand the idea of having a tourny where you didn't make anything off it. As far as I know putting has never affected ball life & should not it still doesn't in normal games only in the putting challenge.

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 3:15 PM

this is a bunch of crap!!!!!!

• Santiago124
    157 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 3:19 PM

Hey Plim,

Thank you for your diligence in searching for the verbatim official statement of   WGT  that  I was referring to which will help clarify or correct the matter.  As far as I  am concerned, this was how the ball mechanics was designed to be and if for some reason there had been changes to it then I might have to take a hiatus  until this is resolved.

Thanks again,

Santi

RSS