Forums

Help › Forums

Putting affects durability? It does!

Wed, Oct 3 2012 9:32 AM (36 replies)
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 4:09 PM

This was posted by WGTNiblick in another thread on 7/06/2012:

"We will look into the putts being counted against your ball life.  If this is happening we will fix it as soon as possible as putts should not affect ball life.

Thanks."

I'm not sure how WGT plans to reimburse people for the golf balls expended in the tourney but they are aware of the problem and have apparently been pouring over the code for a while.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 4:39 PM

be nice it the powers that be could comment and say why if the problem is known why its been a week and the situation still exists. i'm sure if a situation meant WGT were losing money it would be fixed overnight. 

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 4:56 PM

At the very least an informative update would be nice.

• MadMP
    75 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 5:00 PM

That's it for me. video looks llke it's from the twenties and the meter looks like a strobe light.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 9:46 PM

srellim234:
    I'm not sure how WGT plans to reimburse people for the golf balls expended in the tourney but they are aware of the problem and have apparently been pouring over the code for a while.
    Happening in ALL tournys..going through balls like there going outta fashion ! Near $10 this week......Looks like it's a free sleeve all round to all logged on ( & played wgt tournys ) while problem was known about..( & kept v/quiet )  Andy..

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 5:23 AM

I believe the game program coding has ball use counted for all CTTH Tourneys because all previous were either iron or wedge shots. WGT set up the putting challenge in the CTTH so it's using up ball usage as a matter of  previous game program coding. I suppose they'd like to be able to change that but perhaps it can't be done.

I used the free ball once I found out about the ball usage matter. Doesn't it putt exactly the same? Seems that way to me. Why would anyone continue to use up their good balls knowing it doesn't have to be that way? Seems a little silly IMO.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 5:34 AM

Yes, simple, use a sleeve of Gi3's or d's, get same meter as Nike's and only cost pennies in comparrison. (or use the freebies and get used to faster meter)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 6:17 AM

srellim234:

This was posted by WGTNiblick in another thread on 7/06/2012:

"We will look into the putts being counted against your ball life.  If this is happening we will fix it as soon as possible as putts should not affect ball life.

Thanks."

Actually that's quite easy...  Just send a pack out to everybody who entered the comp before they fixed the problem. 

The amount of packs they have to send out might be a problem though...lol

-Roger

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 9:06 AM

be nice to hear from you Wgt.

• HacMcDuffer
    1,094 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 9:14 AM

I played it a few times ....until I lost a ball. Screw that.....I can go to anyone of the greens and get pretty much in the same position and try the putts.

I thought it wa a very good idea....until it cost me money.

RSS