Forums

Help › Forums

want new iron set

Thu, Jul 19 2012 4:19 PM (25 replies)
  • vcoach
    18 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 8:11 AM

saving credits for new iron set. with old set no chance of stopping/slowing ball hitting into green and i am getting tired of 30 foot puts! lol. any suggestions on a set?

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 8:31 AM

At your level, if you don't want to wait around for the lvl. 83 ping g-20 set, I'd go with the g-10 lvl. 59's over some of the others available to you as they have the higher trajectory to give you more stopping power on the greens. Played mine just short of tour master, very nice all around set

Doc

• nyctc7
    160 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 8:40 AM

Well, you are four levels away from the L79 Burners. But with starter balls the meter will be very, very, fast.

If you can't consistently hit--or get close-to the ding, that sort of defeats the high precision rating, forgiveness will only compensate so much, and it really is easy to be waaay off with a super fast meter.

So it's between the G20 and the Burners. I'd say go with a meter speed you'll be comfortable with in the long run. Some diss the Rocketballz but I like them. Worth a rental to check them out as well.

I really like the L47 Raptures but you are at a point where you can skip over these medium level clubs.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 8:43 AM

drmoose:

At your level, if you don't want to wait around for the lvl. 83 ping g-20 set, I'd go with the g-20 lvl. 59's over some of the others available to you as they have the higher trajectory to give you more stopping power on the greens. Played mine just short of tour master, very nice all around set

Doc

I agree with Doc, the G-20s` lvl 59 will do you well. Also no matter the choices, keep a level swing meter as best you can. You may also want to up  grade your driver as well. If you are a casual player like myself and many other players, you can take your time to upgrade. But if you plan on playing with the gun-slingers,you really do need to up grade, as soon as possible. Hope this helps, good luck and happy swinging.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 8:52 AM

Coach, I dont know how much you wont to spend but the g 20( set ) is a great deal at lvl 59 for 4995 credits. They will last you a long time, at least to tour master. Also you will get a 270 yard driver with the set that will put you using your wedges alot. Also you can sell everything else back to the pro shop to help with the cost. One more thing you could do that will help your score is to get rid of the hybrid and put in another wedge. The level 51 nike putter is also very good and slow. All these clubs can be used with the starter ball because of the slow swing and putting speed. Have fun.

• vcoach
    18 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 8:57 AM

no way i can buy credits. wife would kill me! lol taking surveys, watching videos, etc to build them up. be a while before i got to 4995 credits. tks for all the suggestions guys!!!!

• RASTAFARIANSTEVE
    57 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:08 AM

tour burner is the way to go!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:19 AM

vcoach:

no way i can buy credits. wife would kill me! lol taking surveys, watching videos, etc to build them up. be a while before i got to 4995 credits. tks for all the suggestions guys!!!!

Instead of eating lunch at Subway, grab one of their gift cards. It's good here.  ;-)

• jmaul99
    5 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:48 AM

Just get rid of the wife and buy the G20's.  

jk

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 10:51 AM

For better results, consider to fit some low-cost custom balls in your budget.

From WGT-S or SD, you gain a bit of spin, length and meter slowness. I estimate the SDs to be 6 cr per 9 hole round, the S may be at 4 crs.

RSS