Forums

Help › Forums

want new iron set

Thu, Jul 19 2012 4:19 PM (25 replies)
  • vcoach
    18 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 12:49 PM

how many rounds would i get from a sleeve of balls(approx)? i think you basically told me but not sure i understand.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 1:03 PM

A former investigation by WGT users says 5.2 rounds/ball for the two types I told you. It further says 24 rounds/$ for the Tour-SD (65 cr/sleeve), that's 4 crs per round. Add the occasional lost ball and you arrive at my private estimate of 6 cr / round.

The Tour-S is about 60% of that price.

• Jacobiman19
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 1:43 PM

jmaul99:

Just get rid of the wife and buy the G20's.  

jk

wow lol never heard that one before... :) Yeah the tour burners I have now (lvl 39) have good stopping power, for me at least. Good set of clubs for not too much.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 2:08 PM

Word of caution. The balls will do OK with your 2 wedges but not the rest of your bag.  

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 2:20 PM

Why that?

All I say is that they are better than Starters.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 2:33 PM

vcoach:

how many rounds would i get from a sleeve of balls(approx)? i think you basically told me but not sure i understand.

Not to long ago one of our many conspiricy theory persons said WGT had cut the number of hits on some of the $ balls.  Rather than enter into a great debate about it.  I bought a sleeve of one of the most expensive balls available to me at my level (without vapor trail) and I counted every stroke on every ball in that sleeve.  The results were 121, 120, 120.  This did not count the putts as they only count in the special CTTH Putting challange.  Hope the information helps.  my nickle.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 2:51 PM

vcoach:

no way i can buy credits. wife would kill me! lol taking surveys, watching videos, etc to build them up. be a while before i got to 4995 credits. tks for all the suggestions guys!!!!

Perhaps your relationship with the wife can be bent a little without undue greif. 

What I had to do (surveys do not reconigize white persons my age,  video's were not existant at the time), so I proposed that because there is little in the way of gifts she could purchase for me that was not extemely elaborate or very expensive, that had not been done, over and over I waited until the very next gift giving day and I took her for a shopping trip thru the Pro Shop. 

I made several suggestions, and told her that THIS is what I want!  Rather than something else that wouldn't fit, wrong color, inappropriate style. or didn't work, therefore no returns, no buyers remorse. 

Now on each gift giving day I have a list for her to chose from at the Pro Shop (shop at home, no crowds, no gas, no time, she still picks it out,).

I have been gifted my avatar, my Driver, and Irons, twice!  All 3 of my wedges, (1 at a time), and my putter.  Needless to say i have some very good equipment.  More to follow in November, anniversary day.  My Nickle.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 3:07 PM

vcoach:

saving credits for new iron set. with old set no chance of stopping/slowing ball hitting into green and i am getting tired of 30 foot puts! lol. any suggestions on a set?

wow, too bad you were not level 79 & get the burners. They are awsome clubs I think. Almost as good as my R11's.

I have the G20's & I like them & use them in the real windy conditions the most  & i like them, but I don't have as much fun with the G20's because the meter's too slow & idk lol, I don't think they hit it high enough.

As far as the ball idea that a good idea, but it eats up precious credits for clubs like the irons that you want.

I like YJ's idea, get your hands on a Subway gift card lol.

Good luck improving your game & gettin the right equipment. The 250 credit Cally is a pretty good ball for spin as cost is a factor here.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 3:19 PM

BubbaCrusher007:

As far as the ball idea that a good idea, but it eats up precious credits for clubs like the irons that you want.

[...]

Good luck improving your game & gettin the right equipment. The 250 credit Cally is a pretty good ball for spin as cost is a factor here.

FWIW, the Callies eat credits at a rate four times higher than the SDs:

Cally Tour i(z) 5.7 rounds/ball, 5.71 rounds/$

Cally Tour i(s) 5.7 rds/ball, 6.86 rds/$

WGT Tour-SD 5.2 rds/ball, 24 rds/$

(from a table published in this forum)

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 3:38 PM

alosso:

BubbaCrusher007:

[...]

FWIW, the Callies eat credits at a rate four times higher than the SDs:

Cally Tour i(z) 5.7 rounds/ball, 5.71 rounds/$

Cally Tour i(s) 5.7 rds/ball, 6.86 rds/$

WGT Tour-SD 5.2 rds/ball, 24 rds/$

(from a table published in this forum)

I was expressing my opinion to the original poster. Excuse me if I don't understand, how a ball with a dot 1/2 of durability, has more rounds than a a ball with 2 & 1/2 dots of durability. He gets more bang for his buck because the balls are around a buck?

He may save money playin some 'SD', but personally I think those balls suck. imho thanks

RSS