Forums

Help › Forums

Tempted to just give up, and go home.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 19 2012 6:54 PM (20 replies)
  • cadwallater
    24 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2012 6:54 PM

Always enlightening to step into the forum, and test the waters.  Thanks again to all the members who offered such positive advice, and support.    I'm working with a new set of clubs, but find the power bar a little difficult to get used to, however, my accuracy has improved a great deal, and it's a real pleasure to see some of the shots landing where they're supposed to.   I don't have friends for the simple reason that I haven't been invited, (not anti-social guys, just used to playing by myself), and I don't play tournaments because I don't consider myself skilled enough to be competitive.    I've played golf all my life, and often alone, since I've always considered that I am essentially competing against myself in any case.    My opponent is the individual course, and the limitations of my own skill.    The vagaries of life are very much reflected in the game of golf, lots of parallels between the two, but there is little satisfaction, in life or in golf, in mediocrity.   I don't consider myself a Pro, although I'm ranked that way, just a slightly better than average amateur.    If I were competing for prize money, I would probably starve to death.   But I play the game for the love of it,  and get frustrated if I get trapped on a plateau and can't get above it.   So the new clubs, and the good wishes of fellow members are very helpful.  Very much appreciated.  Thanks again.    

RSS