Help › Forums

Tempted to just give up, and go home.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 19 2012 6:54 PM (20 replies)
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 4:27 PM

Nice to hear your optimistic comments!

No need now to buy much, consider 4 bucks for 2 wedges though.

As a Tour Pro (which you will be in no time) the lengths are the same, so those clubs may do if you wish so. The step to Master will be a step back, to longer tees, where playing the Starters is extremely difficult. How lucky you are that there are no WGT restrictions for you what to buy :)

• Timmytoastman
    567 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 4:51 PM

Cadwallater,

I was just wondering why you never upgraded to much better equipment when it became available to you? Oh the possibilities!

• singingjesus
    152 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 5:51 PM

cadwallater:
    I'll give those new clubs a try.    Really do enjoy the game.  

I think you'll find your game improving fast, and Tour Pro will come soon. I played with 'mostly' starter clubs through Tour Pro, but had to get more distance at Master tier. I also used starter (free!) balls until Master, so if you stick with a quality ball like you are using now, you'll get there with sub-par rounds! I must admit I was slack-jawed when I saw the number of ranked rounds you have played. It just shows me how much you do love this game, as most of us do. (it's superb!) But better clubs will make a huge difference in your enjoyment of this great game, so skip lunch for a few months, get a Subway gift card and make the plunge. You won't regret it! I also recommend you make some friends in your country club and play some multi-player rounds like match play or blitz. It's an amazing part of this site to play against others and chat and make real friends. You'll learn alot too. You can't know enough in this challenging WGT world, so read the forums and most of all have fun!

sj

• farmhand2
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 6:02 PM

Just got the newer clubs that were avalible to me,and I most say that it will take several rounds to get used to them.The are a bit more difficult to use it seems,but I'm determined to master them! keep your head up and keep playing

• riskplayer
    253 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 7:05 PM

Quit playing Nikes(they give not much help with your clubs). Try GI-SD balls, much cheaper and will save you some money to get clubs with. 

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 8:45 PM

Sorry the absolute reality here is you want your game to take off you need to spend $$$$

Sorry to burst anyones bubble

• shoeshinethis
    1,090 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 11:28 PM

Hewsey:

Sorry the absolute reality here is you want your game to take off you need to spend $$

Sorry to burst anyones bubble

I disagree, I have yet to deposit a dime of my money on this sight.

But maybe that's why my game hasn't taken off....hmmm

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2012 5:17 AM

cadwallater:
    Seems the problem is in my clubs, which I kinda guessed,

If you've come this far with those atrocious EZSwing clubs, I would be real interested in knowing how you do just by switching to the starter clubs you have where YOU have to click for the ding. I would imagine that would be like buying new clubs and bet your game improves right away.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2012 2:33 PM

alosso:

What are you complaining about, Lonnie?

This guy has many a ranked rounds under his belt. The further stats support his statements:

longest drive of 286, 7 eagles, 170 flagsticks and 333 yips!

No friends, not a single match play or blitz.

There are other ways to become a Nation member, level 90 is one of them.

He may have left out some opportunities of this site, but hey, who are we to judge him?

No alosso I am not complaining, I just find it very odd. That with 12 previous posts in the forums, none of them were for any kind of help.Also with all of the information in the forums to help him, he couldn`t figure it out. A member of the W.G.T. Nation and no friends? A member of a country club and no friends? But , like I said in my original post, if I am wrong, then I am truly sorry, for anything which I have said.Maybe after reading so many posts on sand baggers and restarts, I`m just a bit jumpy. Nerves getting bad in my old age. But hey, for him to pull it off the way he did, he is definitely a better man than me.Talk about doing it the hard way. Me, I would have been in a straight jacket, by Hack lvl 2 . So hats off too him, and good luck as well. Happy Swinging

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2012 4:43 PM

I agree, the presentation is quite extraordinary :)

But, as we say, being friends of the French people:

"Chacun à son ragout." (pun intended)

RSS