Forums

Help › Forums

gallery crowd applause/groans added during tournament play?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 20 2012 10:08 AM (5 replies)
  • SanderAnderon
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 6:59 AM

I think it'd be a fun, unique addition...if WGT added a crowd soundtrack to the ambient background track during the tournaments, eh?

It's a blast "comparing" my scores at Olympic, Congressional, etc. in WGT's tournaments to Tiger's, Bubba's, Phil's, et al as they play the major championships. But after watching the British Open early yesterday morning then entering the current WGT St. Andrews tournament, I couldn't help but notice the absence of gallery applause, cheers (and the groans, as my play would more often draw : )  

Beyond playing in a foursome (which I've yet to try) WGT is a solo, soundless experience - a great one, but beyond it's poor "ambient soundtrack" ( a poor wind sound that gets real annoying after a few holes, I just turn it off) --  it's otherwise devoid of ambient sounds. Not even a bird chirp here and there.  It'd be a real treat if WGT added crowd applause sounds during the tournaments that's triggered by a good shot or putt--easy enough to do I'd think. ESPN.com has an addictively fun game (Arcade Baseball), a simple Flash game programming-wise. It's got different levels of crowd applause and groans, depending on how accurately you hit the ball which makes it all the more addictively fun, yahoo.

cheers everyone, go Tiger!

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 9:05 AM

Get in there Timbo!!!

You're right...It does have a nice sound to it ;)

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 9:05 AM

oh didn't they tell you? fun is not allowed here.

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 9:32 AM

I guess they don't want the game to get too Xbox-y.

But doesnt stop you from pumping fists and shouting at that ball yourself...I do :)

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 9:52 AM

ummmmm... not try'n to be mean...but..you have ZERO FRENS!! ..whos gunna clap for ya ???

oh an sorry... i vote no...  i like that this game is NOT cartoonish... 

i seen in different post ..(about the same subject).. i thought was funny...if ya wanna hear birds...OPEN A WINDOW ..lol

peace... hit em good..

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 10:08 AM

2DAMFLASHY:
    i thought was funny...if ya wanna hear birds...OPEN A WINDOW ..lol

I liked Piztaker's response.

"As long as it has an on/off button." LOL!!

RSS