Help › Forums

WHATS THE POINT

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 25 2012 3:39 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 11:19 AM

I tried to do an intervention for Bob but was intervened by WGT lol.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 11:28 AM

Hello "OmegaManKFH"......I appreciate your point of view here. 

No, I don't have an "addiction".  I am "semi-retired".....and making it to the LEGEND tier was a goal I wanted to achieve.  Other members have done in less time, but, I really didn't begin hitting "ranked rounds" until March 2012 - so, it took me 4-1/2 mos. to get from HACK to LEGEND.  It really just takes a lot of time & dedication to get there.  I realize I'm not one of the better LEGENDS, but still happy to have made it.  My "stats" SHOULD be much better than the are (using that "starter equipment" as long as I did really did hurt my "stats").....but, my putting & short games need a LOT work!  The best LEGENDS are slightly above 50% avg. for 1 putts.  Also, if you'll look at several LEGENDs "awards" sections...you'll see the results of a TON of time & dedication...and talent.

You're already burned out on WGT with 131 "ranked rounds"?.....Really?  Well, I admit I'm a bit burned out too...but, I've hit over 600 "ranked rounds"....which doesn't include the approx. 300+ rounds I didn't complete (including CTTH challenges - as I didn't feel the scores were worth posting - so, I just used them as "practice rounds"().  When you reach TOUR MASTER...you will find that very challenging - WGT's criteria is tough!!!  The last 15 to 20 rounds I hit as a TM had to have -6 scores (a 30)...which is 6 birdies & 3 pars on most courses - in order to get up to LEGEND.  Now.......WGT has added still another tier..."TOUR LEGEND"...think LEGENDS have to hit 100 additional "ranked rounds & have an Avg. at or below 60.00.  I feel I could get there, but I'm just not interested...don't see the point.  My guess is that as soon as about 2,000 LEGENDS get to TOUR LEGEND....WGT will just add another tier....and call it something like SUPER LEGEND.

My first month playing "ranked round"....I used ONLY starter clubs & WGT unlimited balls.  My play was just not very good.  With upgraded clubs & Callaway (and some Nike balls)...I saw a LOT of improvements in my game.  The upgraded clubs, putter & balls SLOW down the meter, which allowed me to hit my balls much more accurately.   I feel SURE that WGT designed the equipment to provide BETTER performance...so, members would BUY them.  If you look at almost ANY LEGEND's golf bag....you'll see what equipment they're using - which I believe is, at least, part of the reason some of them are SO GOOD!!!  Also, look how many "ranked rounds" and how many months or years most LEGENDS have been WGT members...many have 1,000 to over 4,000 "ranked rounds" and have been members from 18 mos. to 4 years.  You can go to "WGT Community"....and pull down the entire list of LEGENDS.  I asked for & rec'd some excellent advice from my LEGEND friends...& other friends who have been long time members. 

Trust me......131 "ranked rounds" is not a lot of time spent here on WGT, though, I feel you've done well with the amt. of rounds you have played. 

After I reached LEGEND.....I slowed way down.  I play 1 to 2 hrs. per day...and mostly am now playing CTTH challenges.  I have always considered this WGT play as a "hobby".....I don't really mind some expense....there are few hobbies I know of that will cost you zero dollars. 

Good Luck to you!

Bob

• ycfc1992
    1,143 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 1:26 PM

What are you talking about ive won money on poker . And go easy on the lols.   very good game though just think the rewards for moving up tiers could be higher  .LOLS  56 CREDITS

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 9:37 PM

Please read our FAQs for more information.

Transaction History
    08.08.12 Entry fee for tourney Wk 32 9-Hole Unlimited Play Entry Fee Free
    08.08.12 Peanut Labs earned 5 credits Completed Offer 5 cr
    08.08.12 Supersonic earned 2 credits Completed Offer 2 cr
    08.08.12 Supersonic earned 4 credits Completed Offer 4 cr
    08.08.12 Purchase 3 Pack of Callaway Tour i(z) Balls (L35+) (White) Pro Shop -300 cr
    08.08.12 Peanut Labs earned 163 credits Completed Offer 163 cr
    08.08.12 Supersonic earned 5 credits Completed Offer 5 cr
    08.08.12 Live Gamer earned 5 credits Completed Offer 5 cr
    08.08.12 Live Gamer earned 5 credits Completed Offer 5 cr
    08.08.12 Supersonic earned 3 credits Completed Offer 3 cr
    08.08.12 SponsorPay earned 1 credits SponsorPay 1 cr
    08.08.12 Purchase 3 Pack of Callaway Tour i(z) Balls (L35+) (White) Pro Shop -300 cr
    08.08.12 Peanut Labs earned 5 credits Completed Offer 5 cr
    08.08.12 Peanut Labs earned 4 credits Completed Offer 4 cr
    08.08.12 Peanut Labs earned 390 credits Completed Offer 390 cr
    I don't watch the stupid ads, I just click on them while I'm playin golf. The surveys don't really take much time or effort at all.
    I usually can muster up enough credits for decent balls every day.
    It really isn't that hard to have fun & play on here for free actually. It doesn't really take that much time or effort. IMHO! 
    If you love the game like you say, give the surveys a shot & you have to be persistent. I managed to buy two full sets of clubs & all the wedges & putters. I don't think I have shelled out 50 bucks to WGT in almost 10 months of play.
    just sayin

• OmegaManKFH
    113 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 4:15 PM

What I like is that someone will come "whine" on your wall and then you don't seem to have the ability to respond on theirs. Quite gutless.

I'm not too concerned if anyone likes my point of view. It's mine and I voiced it. Deal with it. 

I don't give a rats ass how many ranked rounds I have, or how many someone else has. Some act like this game is a real big deal to play. It's not. I feel badly for anyone that is so A D D I C T E D to ANY game that they play all day long. No life??? I don't care if you're semi retired, semi pro or semi erect. 

And for someone to see when I signed up and assume that all my ranked rounds took 3 years, must be a dern fool idget. When I signed up and when I played those games are 2 different things. And yes, I burned out. How do I know? Because I was the one who was playing. I don't need to "come back" when I meet your criteria. I meet no ones criteria except for my own. 

I don't believe my post was rude, so much as it was smartass. And if ya don't like that. Your crying to the wrong person. 

Now, please stay off my wall or open up yours to the general public.  I can't stand "Better Thans". 

If you'd like to know why it took so long for me to respond, I have a life. I didn't spend all weekend online playing a game. I got laid. More than once. 

• OmegaManKFH
    113 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 4:22 PM

Oh yeah, 

I don't care how good or bad of a player you are, or what tier you're on. If I enjoy playing a round with someone, I could careless if they hit every hazard out there and lost 14 balls a round. It's the quality of the company, not the score of the round. 

I don't have any boundries of whom to play. Like some folks do. 

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 6:17 PM

Yes, Yes........I DO have a LIFE.....a QUALITY one at that!  NO.....once again, I am NOT addicted to this computer golf game.....I was just anxious to get to LEGEND...it was a goal......and this is not a long term deal for me either.  When I get into something, I put forth effort & dedication....I have never done anything half-heartedy.

Funny.....you bragging about being laid.  Dude....you have NO CLUE.....Trust me!!!!!!!

You also may want to take a few minutes and READ.....WGT's policy about "posting etiquett".......you're on the edge with some of the things you wrote - in your other LONG comment.  And YES, you were RUDE to me with your 1st comment.....as you were with this most recent one.  Like I mentioned...there are WGT members who have been on this site for 3 to 5 yrs....and have played 2,000 to over 4,000 rounds.....now, those people are serious WGT members...much more so than I am.

I posted a very brief note on your wall.....to let you know I didn't appreciate your comment.  Don't want me posting on your wall.....fine, block me.  But, I was NOT unkind or disrespectul to.........YOU. 

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 1:29 AM

lol .. congrats on gettin' laid .. that monkey shudda been a chicken ..

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 9:18 PM

To:  OmegaBoyKFH........

Well......let's see now.  That time you spent with your FEMALE friends took up maybe a TOTAL of 10 minutes of the weekend.................what did you do with the remaining 47 hours 50 minutes???????

Like I mentioned before......you have NO CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• OmegaManKFH
    113 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 3:39 PM

10 minutes? Jeeeez Bob.....that's kinda mean. lol I pick up some stamina after round 1! 

I have a clue and I bought a vowel. I can name that tune in 1 note. lol

I'm not gonna block ya.

• PAGES
RSS