Help › Forums

WHATS THE POINT

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 25 2012 3:39 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ycfc1992
    1,143 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 3:39 PM

I get the game its great but spending real money to win not real money why . do surveys there for want of a better word crrap , POKER SPEND MONEY COULD WIN MONEY , WHY CANT YOU WIN REAL MONEY ON HERE . 3 surveys to get nike balls whats the point if you cant win money am i missing something ,Not moaning love the game just dont get the point.WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IF YOU WENT OUT FOR A PIZZA AND THEY GAVE YOU CREDITS FOR A BETTER PIZZA THAT YOU STILL COULDNT EAT WOULD YOU BE HAPPY NOOOOOOO  GG THOUGH

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 9:36 PM

ycfc1992:

I get the game its great but spending real money to win not real money why . do surveys there for want of a better word crrap , POKER SPEND MONEY COULD WIN MONEY , WHY CANT YOU WIN REAL MONEY ON HERE . 3 surveys to get nike balls whats the point if you cant win money am i missing something ,Not moaning love the game just dont get the point.WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IF YOU WENT OUT FOR A PIZZA AND THEY GAVE YOU CREDITS FOR A BETTER PIZZA THAT YOU STILL COULDNT EAT WOULD YOU BE HAPPY NOOOOOOO  GG THOUGH

Why are you spending real money? Anybody with sense, does the surveys and videos for free credits.Yeah, I know that sometimes they can be a headache, but deal with the pain. I have been playing for a little over a year now,and never spent not one penny of my own (real) money.ALL of my club upgrades have been through free credits.Right now have over 2500 free credits just for buying new balls.So, get with the program and do the surveys and videos for FREE CREDITS. It`s just that simple.You cant win real money because then it`s real gambling. W.G.T., has to comply with not only state laws, but also international laws as well in order to operate world wide. Happy Swinging

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 9:59 PM

If you go after some of the better offers like Netflix , gamefly, or anything you get something for in return ...those will sometimes get you a bunch of credits fast and at least you get a service in return for a small amount of money.

Just make sure you read thoroughly what you get into. There are usually re occurring prices not so cheap if you dont cancel.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:03 PM

Credits may not come as easy elsewhere (GB for the OP, D for me) as in the USA and CDN. These are priviledged markets IMO.

I tried the video thing - very boring and low money. I tried the survey thing - scarcely an offer, and they may promise 45 crs for which you are not eligible after some mins of pre-interview. The "best" survey I completed was 27 crs IIRC - a petty income.

Offers must fit and often only give 20 % of the costs - hardly a deal.

After all of that, I've given up on "free" credits because the price is too high, payed in terms of my precious time. OTOH, I see the fun I have here and I'm ready to spend a dime. 1000 cr per month for budget balls, a few green fees for the truegolf courses.

WGT sure ain't a site to make a fortune, the return in real value (Amazon gift cards) is meagre, 300.000 crs for 500$, that's a rate of 1:6.

The "best" offer is 10M crs, a trip to the past US Open at Congressional - a budget time trip, don't you think?

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 11:24 PM

OK, I can see where YOU could have used ONLY "earned credits" from surveys & watchng TV Ads to purchase all of you golf equipment....but, you've been playing here on WGT for (1) year and have played LESS than 200 "ranked rounds".

I've been playing nearly every day since I joined last day of December 2011...6-1/2 mos. - 3 to 8 hours a day.  I believe I have hit over 600 ranked rounds now and a ton of CTTH challenges....started hitting ranked rounds in early March (mostly just CTTH in Jan. & Feb.).  Playing as often as I have been playing...you go through a TON OF BALLS!  There's just NOT enough surveys or TV ADs where I can earn enough credits that I need...so, I have had to buy credits - though I feel what I have spent is not unreasonable.  Have gone from Hack to Legend in 4-1/2 mos.....just don't think I could have done it that fast using ONLY "earned credits".  And it's next to IMPOSSIBLE to score well using only "starter clubs & balls"...you really HAVE to upgrade your equip. as you go.

As far as the part about NOT being able to win "real money"...why couldn't WGT be more generous in awarding CREDITS for achievements.  Not complaning, but I only rec'd 400 credits or making it to "Legend"...that will buy me (1) sleeve of good balls.  Couldn't they make it 2,000 or 3,000 credits...afterall, it's all "virtual".  And WHY couldn't WGT send Tournament winners or members who achieve "Legend" a REAL trophy...it's not like they couldn't afford it.  Just a suggestion.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 4:01 PM

BOBTX61:

OK, I can see where YOU could have used ONLY "earned credits" from surveys & watchng TV Ads to purchase all of you golf equipment....but, you've been playing here on WGT for (1) year and have played LESS than 200 "ranked rounds".

I've been playing nearly every day since I joined last day of December 2011...6-1/2 mos. - 3 to 8 hours a day.  I believe I have hit over 600 ranked rounds now and a ton of CTTH challenges....started hitting ranked rounds in early March (mostly just CTTH in Jan. & Feb.).  Playing as often as I have been playing...you go through a TON OF BALLS!  There's just NOT enough surveys or TV ADs where I can earn enough credits that I need...so, I have had to buy credits - though I feel what I have spent is not unreasonable.  Have gone from Hack to Legend in 4-1/2 mos.....just don't think I could have done it that fast using ONLY "earned credits".  And it's next to IMPOSSIBLE to score well using only "starter clubs & balls"...you really HAVE to upgrade your equip. as you go.

As far as the part about NOT being able to win "real money"...why couldn't WGT be more generous in awarding CREDITS for achievements.  Not complaning, but I only rec'd 400 credits or making it to "Legend"...that will buy me (1) sleeve of good balls.  Couldn't they make it 2,000 or 3,000 credits...afterall, it's all "virtual".  And WHY couldn't WGT send Tournament winners or members who achieve "Legend" a REAL trophy...it's not like they couldn't afford it.  Just a suggestion.

Currently, I`m at Master lvl. 90, 347 cdp, with over 2400 free credits in my account.The amount of ranked rounds played is not important. The fact is , is that  you can get plenty of free credits.I`am a casual player, and I dont play for credits. I play single stroke play practice rounds, and I have fun.The balls that I use , cost 180 credits a sleeve. With my G20 driver, I can get up to 315 yds. off the tee.Fairway wood 250 yds.I`ll get to Legend when I get to Legend, as I`m in no hurry because I don`t have anything to prove.You go through a ton of balls, because you cant stay out of the weeds, water or from out of bounds. I hit over 80 percent of the fairwys and the other 20 is between the bunkers or rough. I upgraded  4 drivers, 2 putters, 2 sets of irons, and bought 3 Satin wedges . With the clubs that I now have, I can hit  off of the champion tees and still birdie or par the hole. Yes they could be more generous, but that would cut into the profits.If they gave away that many credits it would cost them money. You can buy good balls for less than 250 credits and they will do. Any one who plays long enough and puts the time in will make Legend, in their own time. How fast you choose to do it , is entirely up too you. A real trophy ,for winning the top hosted tournaments , maybe. But just for reaching Legend c`mon man. Do the surveys and videos, and take your time to play and have fun. Happy Swinging.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 6:28 PM

lonniescott711:

Why are you spending real money? 

cause i have plenty of it...and couldn't suffer the torture of signing up for surveys that when you complete they turn round and say you didn't qualify.....or watching goofy ads for 5 creds a piece.

watch 90x 5 cred ads for a sleeve of nikes? not bloody likely lol.

tbe

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 3:12 AM

lol. online poker makes WGT look legit.

You would have to be one of the biggest idiots on the planet to think online poker is anywhere near legitimate

hahaha, win real money on online poker, lol, lol, lol

• OmegaManKFH
    113 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 9:37 AM

BOBTX61:

Bob,
    I can see you have a bit of an addiction here. 3-8 hours a day, Bob?  I think you need an intervention. But, I doubt WGT will agree. They like your money. :)

You should only upgrade your equipment a couple times. It's really all that's necessary. And Nike balls, not necessary at all. What is necessary is that you can ding that swing meter consistently. Really, free credits should get most people by perfectly. Not everyone plays 3-8 hours a day. 

Ok, I'm coming off a WGT burnout. I haven't played in a couple months, or so. Let's go see how bad this is gonna be for me. lol 

Have a good day folks!

• PAGES
RSS