Forums

Help › Forums

what's it take to make tour master?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 8 2012 9:46 AM (31 replies)
  • kajuguard
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 12:51 PM

Kajuguard here, I am a L66 Master with an avg. score of 66.5. I noticed that it had been taking about 5 to 6 more matches to adance from tier to tier starting with about 5 or 6 from hack to amateur up to about 26 scored matches from tour pro to master. I am currently sitting at well over 40 matches since turning Master. My last 3 scores are 33, 32 and 30. Just wondering what some of your experiences are for advancing to Tour Master and even to Legend. What's it take? Figured I would have advance by now.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 3:18 PM

to go from Master to TM .. a minimum of 40 ranked rounds with an average of 63 ..

so u have to get ur avg down abit even though u have exceeded the minimum ranked rounds required ..

from TM to Legend .. minimum of 50 ranked rounds with avg of 61 ..

also avoid only playin' 1 course .. u gonna have hard time at TM, especially at Legend, if you stick to playin' only 1 course .. play 'em all

& dump those Raptures if u can .. trade 'em in for the lvl59 G20's .. they will take u far ..

just some food for thought ..

gud luck bud ..

• kajuguard
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 3:29 PM

Yikes, thanks for the reply Chris. That's gonna be tough to do.I only play the occasional 32 or better. I play a lot of Alt. on different courses just not lately because have been trying to get in the stroke play to advance. I'll check into the clubs.

• kajuguard
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 3:35 PM

Are the Lvl59 G20's better than the Lvl68 Rocktballz Set?

• bblackh1
    159 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2012 11:19 PM

63.  You have to get to 63 as the average. 

Remember that you do not need to "protect

the average" because only your lowest scores

are calculated in the average when you get to

a certain number of ranked rounds as a Master

level.  Post all scores.

bblackh1

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2012 12:40 AM

Does that count for Pro Tier as well?

I've seen a lot of scores hovering around Par (on an average course) on both sides of the fence (Pro,Tour Pro). I guess other achievements come into play  as well. Ranked rounds included. I myself had a streak of good play for about 3 days and managed to get it down to 72.5 score. But now I feel a little burnt out playing so much and am stuck for now. I guess I should just take it easy and remember why I first started the game, because I enjoy playing it. I promise I will start slowing down and enjoy the game and not worry about my next level. I think there should be an meeting similar to A.A. for this game since it's so addictive.

Happy Golfing!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2012 1:42 AM

There are individual average limits for each tier, and an individual minimum no. of ranked strokeplay scores neccessary. The former drops, the latter rises each time.

Not big a deal to go to Tour Pro since the distances remain, only the greens change to "very fast", challenging the putting skills. Going to Master with its "hard" tees is a different story.

And yes, it's addicitve - Gamblers Anonymus would be appropriate I think.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2012 6:46 AM

It seems as though you all have the same answer.. you mean these thresholds aren't a "secret"?

• Javelin62
    9 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2012 7:13 AM

chris5214:
    & dump those Raptures if u can .. trade 'em in for the lvl59 G20's .. they will take u far ..

Have to disagree with that thought. I went from tour pro to legend using the level 48 raptures. And are still playing with them. I say if you can control your shots well, stick with them.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2012 7:35 AM

They are a well known secret.

WGT won't tell, me neither. Some others do - multiple postings around with wrong and correct numbers. The numbers given here are correct.

RSS