Help › Forums

what is looping ?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 7 2012 1:33 PM (57 replies)
  • pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:23 AM

hyena64:

And you obviously don't qualify for "us intelligent people" if your resource of choice is the urban dictionary, which in case you think is a real dictionary, I'm sorry to disillusion you, but it's a spoof. 

You guys just need to graduate junior high & grow up some, period. Unless of course you get your jollies making fun of other's mistakes, in which case you should all get together & have a laugh-a-thon at each other's expense.

Did someone forget his clever pills today, are we showing off for the other children? (Jimmy Carr)

If you type genious in, pretty much anywhere, you'll either get "did you mean genius" or genious doesn't exist. So the fact that you think it's correct, shows that maybe you might learn something from a spoof site like urbandictionary. I quoted them to highlight the irony of the post.  

What's quite amusing is that you bash everyone that had anything to say about it, yet happen to overlook the post of your partner of the "dynamic duo" in which he did the exact same thing. In fact, initiated this.  I think it's cute though that you're sticking up for him though. If it makes you feel better then I won't stop you, by all means I won't even send another reply to this thread, so you bash away.

I'll be the first to admit that this is getting a bit childish, on my part too, but if you need to continue to feel better, you go ahead.

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:29 AM

Childish..? Hmmm...yes. Fun though; as it seems Hyena64 still not caught up with the fact that it was pjctas reaction to the OP question that started all this. pjctas's reaction was rude and uncalled for, mispelled or whatever isn't the issue here.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:42 AM

I could be wrong but I believe "loop" has to do with flash (if we are talking about "loop" you see when you right click on the game client, otherwise forget about this post :) ). However, I do not precisely know what it does. Normally it's to make an animation run forever (with loop unchecked it would play once only).

Regards

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:56 AM

May I repeat my question from the start please?

Which positive effect would it have to disable "loop" in a WGT game?

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 10:08 AM

Looping can also be defined as a frame buffer that runs over and over.  Thus, if you have reflections turned on, the water movement is contained within this frame buffer, as well as flag animations.  It runs forever, but it chews up alot of resources in your flash.

Secondly, every time you load the game client you need to uncheck that parameter.

Perhaps, WGT can extend this setting into the game settings

RSS