Forums

Help › Forums

Unable To Play Using Chrome As My Browser

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 12 2012 12:16 PM (35 replies)
  • Mariannegolo
    71 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 6:57 AM

I have had the exact same problem, can log into the home page but will not play. I have found out that there is suddenly a pop up blocker on WGT, it pops up as soon as I push play now. You will find the pop up blocker highlighted on top right corner, if you have Windows 7. If you click on the pop up blocker you will find a WGT link if you press on that you will be able to to play. I have no idea how to get rid of that pop up, doesn't seem to do anything if I disable pop up, (still doesn't work but at least can play the game. The only problem is that the game seems to stream a lot and run slow, have had meter issues as well. I have bee trying to play in IE but its going nuts as well. Message keeps coming up stopped working takes me in and out the game. Have no idea wth is going on but driving me crazy. I hope that this was helpful. If you have solution to IE give me some advise as well. I keep fixing but doesn't last. If you find out about pop up block, that would be great as well.

Marianne

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:32 AM

Richard4168:

chris5214:
    simply don't use Chrome

Why anyone would use the Chrome browser to play this game is beyond me. There are much better browsers that are fully optimized, and will play this game error free. The Google Chrome browser is just too deficient for this game.

I've always uded Chrome and it's been perfect until a couple of days ago...  It goes back to Version .225  and I have the same Problem as the Op and I have only one version of Flash loaded (.225)

Firefox is not bad.. I have to try the new flavour of the month, by the looks of it...lol.  Wondering how long that will last before it has problems...lol.

The only problem I have with Firefox is, the Cache fills up pretty quick causing my puter to start dumping... then the game I'm playing starts to stall until it finishes.

Does anybody know how to increase the Cache size?

The makers of Flash/Adobe or whatever it's called sould be all gathered together and be .............. I think you can fill in the dots, lol. 

Why keep on bringing in new updates when the Apps that use it keep on having problems when they do.(shaking my head)

-Roger

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:46 AM

Mantis.... two days ago Chrome did an update that replaced their shockwave Flash version .222 containing the Pepper Flash Player which was causing the problem and needed to be disabled with the updated .225 version which contains the same problem flash player creating it once again. Now that version has to be disabled in Chrome. It is 

To increase your cache in Firefox:

Go to; Tools-->Option-->Advanced----network .....and you'll see a box to increase it

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:57 AM

Oldbayrunner:

Mantis.... two days ago Chrome did an update that replaced their shockwave Flash version .222 containing the Pepper Flash Player which was causing the problem and needed to be disabled with the updated .225 version which contains the same problem flash player creating it once again. Now that version has to be disabled in Chrome. It is 

Go to; Tools-->Option-->Advanced----network .....and you'll see a box to increase it

Thanks for that Info:) I'll give it a try.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 8:15 AM

mantis0014:

Oldbayrunner:

Thanks for that Info:) I'll give it a try.

Well,  That worked.   I can play the game using Chrome. The things we have to do to play this game....lol

Thanks again

Roger

Edit....   I increased the Cache Size too.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 12:07 PM

mantis0014:
    Why keep on bringing in new updates when the Apps that use it keep on having problems when they do.

Not every version of Flash player is for browsers in general. Flash player is used for many Adobe Flash applications the way I understand it.

I just went with the newest Flash player version (11.3) with the smallest download, and all is great for me.

Great game-play

No more crashes

Fast game loading times

Great game physics and next location loading

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:44 PM

chris5214:

simply don't use Chrome .. try Firefox .. or the latest popular choice, Maxthon 3 .. surprised not more people has caught on to this ..

I have. Maxthon 3 is better. I think browsing in this browser is good too.

• SDMorgan
    36 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:58 PM

absolute ***!! I haven't successfully completed a game YET today... stuff it WGT... let me know when you can provide a reliable game.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:26 PM

Firenzo:

I just downloaded the Maxthon 3 and it works as smooth as can be.

This!

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:49 PM

SDMorgan:

absolute ***!! I haven't successfully completed a game YET today... stuff it WGT... let me know when you can provide a reliable game.

It is not WGT! Read the forums, it is chrome and the new flash. Try another browser. Like the previous poster mentioned Maxthon 3 is a great browser for this game. I just started using it today and my meter is smoother than it has ever been and I didn't even have to use game booster or Gboost like I did with what I felt at the time was the best browser for the game Camodo Dragon. Dragon is still better than chrome or Firefox but it is not quite as good as Maxthon3. 

RSS