Forums

Help › Forums

Flash and WGT

Sat, Aug 17 2013 7:10 PM (118 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 1:00 PM

rmchangin:

LOL it's not 200% faster but it does have one of the smoothest meter i've ever tried it's was designed for vista users but great with widow's 7 too.

Have you timed it? lol (joking)

For sure it's a lot faster than chrome and firefox (pile of junk)....and the meter's bang on smooth...it handles this game better than the usual browsers, so it's all good.

tbe

• TGor
    313 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 1:19 PM

thebigeasy707:
    Maxton3

It's Maxthon 3 - with an "h" in there. And yes it does work really well.

Tony

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 1:24 PM

TGor:

thebigeasy707:
    Maxton3

It's Maxthon 3 - with an "h" in there. And yes it does work really well.

Tony

well spotted batman :)

tbe

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 1:59 PM

thebigeasy707:

Adobe Flash Uninstaller

Maxthon3 The Best Browser By Far To Play WGT

Buttery smooth meter.....draws pages 200% faster than Google Chrome...built in adhunter and full screen mode rocks.

tbe

i have never had serious meter issues in over a year.  (lucky me!)  however I'm always willing to try something new if the source of the information seems knowledgeable.  (I'm not!)  In this case I downloaded the Maxthon 3.  I have played only one game so far and here is what I found,  Meter is to me somewhat smoother,  The forgiveness aspect seems less than before, if possible.  The full screen mode is better.  All in all, i can recommend it, it is somewhat better than what i had before.  my nickle.

• islander2010
    119 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 2:16 PM

thebigeasy707:

Adobe Flash Uninstaller

Maxthon3 The Best Browser By Far To Play WGT

Buttery smooth meter.....draws pages 200% faster than Google Chrome...built in adhunter and full screen mode rocks.

tbe

Maxthon certainly seems to be much better than firefox which is very unsteady, not to mention Chrome which WGT recommends is total piece of junk, I have tried almost everything with chrome and I can ding a single shot..

Thanks for the help TBE and I hope the new browser stays smooth for the time being as I am tired installing and uninstalling all the browsers mentioned in the forums..

Cheers Isle.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 2:26 PM

it's got a few handy extras like a built in screenshot taker (top right...little camera icon)....and the adhunter (bottom right....yellow icon) as well as other folks can look at.

enjoy.

tbe

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 2:31 PM

Experimental:

Win 7 Pro

Firefix 14

=> freeze in the first game, when changing to full screen.

Back to10.3.183.20

=> regular, mostly smooth operation

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 2:44 PM

WGT GOLF NEWS

• Flash and WGT

08 Aug 2012

For the past of couple weeks, online games that run in web browsers that use Adobe Flash have been experiencing display issues and crashes. Adobe has confirmed that these Flash issues were introduced in late July and is working hard on fixing the problems. See Adobe confirmed issues.

This may be impacting your experience playing WGT, but the best solution depends on your web browser, so here’s what WGT recommends…

Google Chrome – Chrome is the browser that WGT recommends for performance and because it automatically updates plug-ins like Flash, and the issues reported earlier in August appear to be addressed with the latest version:

Microsoft Internet Explorer – IE appears to have avoided these Flash issues in the latest versions:

Mozilla Firefox – Flash issues were reported in Firefox but appear to be addressed with the latest versions:

Apple Safari – Safari appears to have fixed similar Flash issues with their latest:

If you still have issues with the World Golf Tour game, please email us atmembers@worldgolftour.com and let us know which versions of the above web browser and Flash you're using so we can help you out.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 2:51 PM

downloaded Maxthon .. yep, that's some silky smooth meter right there ..

although i don't like playing on full screen mode .. maybe i should get a 24" monitor ..

..........................................................................................................................................................

EDIT: like a plonk i only discovered later that Maxthon has got its own full screen function .. (bottom right hand corner; click on magnifying glass & hit full screen) .. which gives a nice crisp full screen mode as apposed to using the game client full screen function ..

nice fat, clear ding line .. which makes getting close or on top of ding easier with my Burners ..

and yeah, it loads like lightning .. really good find this browser .. wonder how many people will get onto this ..

RSS