Forums

Help › Forums

Flash and WGT

Sat, Aug 17 2013 7:10 PM (118 replies)
  • gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 1:22 AM

pUGfANmn:

I'm curious what the Comodo user base has experienced, especially since it is Chrome-based.  Played a full 18 tonight and Comodo seemed mostly ok - there was some jerkiness here and there but seemed it was beyond the meter.  Swings would look jumpy, ball flight and ball roll all looked jumpy.

Flash ver: 11.3.300.268

Comodo: 20.1.1.0

I'm a happy Comodo Dragon user, and have been for 3 or 4 months. At times I see a bit of minor jerkiness to the swing meter, but it's done no damage to my game. I did revert back to a previous stable version of Flash in early July, and have ignored any 'You Need to Update Your FLASH Plug-in!' pop-ups. 

The good behavior from CD (as opposed to Chrome) has led me not to try any other measures at this time. I may give Maxthon a look-see, though, because it's always good to have another Ace in the hole.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 1:56 AM

courteneyfish:

That's rich coming from you, it's a shame that you didn't try that around 3,000 posts ago.

oh my.....i feel violated lol

tbe

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 3:26 AM

thebigeasy707:

Adobe Flash Uninstaller

Maxthon3 The Best Browser By Far To Play WGT

Buttery smooth meter.....draws pages 200% faster than Google Chrome...built in adhunter and full screen mode rocks.

tbe

Thanks TBE, i downloaded this Maxthon3 after reading the comments. I went and played the free weekly 9 hole unlimited straight away, with its high winds. From the 1st shot until i reached the 16th tee, every single shot and putt was silky smooth as you say. However, on my tee shot on 16, the wind was a 25mph direct right to left. Having the confidence that this was running great for me, i placed my pointer over the right hand side of the roadway, knowing well that 25mph was strong enough to bring my ball back in no problem. Can you imagine my surprise when the meter took a massive surge just as i hit the tee shot? Yup, lost my NEW BALL yet again, and strangely enough, every single shot and putt after that was silky smooth again. In a nutshell, i think its a great browser, but...................

Something seriously tells me i got severely burned here, what do you say WGT? Why is it every time a manage to get a few balls together, its the only time i start to lose them regularly? Good browser or not, me thinks your going to get screwed sometime either way.

P.S. that doesnt mean you can now go and make me lose 1 when i only have a couple left, as if to prove it happens any other way.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 5:03 AM

Been a maxthon user for awhile now and have told plenty about it but they have yet to make the move. Maybe this thread will make them believers lol. 

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 5:27 AM

On Bigeasy's post I changed from Comodo to Maxthon3...What a difference...Thx Bigeasy

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 5:43 AM

Yes, T.BE recommended Maxthon 3 a few months ago, and although i had never heard of it i was so pi55ed in having Chrome freeze for 20 secs+ on loading simple things like my profile page i decided to give it a go, and keep it exclusivly to play WGT

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 6:28 AM

Maxthon 3 Browser:  Anyone know how to delete INDIVIDUAL cookies ? I know how to delete ALL cookies but i want to delete a one or two and not all...

I tried searching the Help Forums but I dont have  3 hours to find it!  lol

Ox

• IamTryin
    26 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 6:40 AM

Excellent tip Big E, Maxthon 3. Faster than Chrome,and very smooth, thankyou, will use this browser from now onwards.

• Danno707
    54 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 7:18 AM

had an alarming start to the day when i opened up wgt for the 1st time in days.

Meter going MAD.

I play Chrome and checked on my plugins and it turned out i had THREE Running.

so i disabled 2 of them and haypresto all is good again.

I left running version 11.3.300.262.

Just try typing chrome:plugins and see what you have.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 8:28 AM

The normal game window of Maxthon seems a bit smaller than the rest of the browser (game screen that is & meter) but when you play in full screen (maxthon full screen not wgt full screen option) the game comes to life and is awesome.  Perfectly smooth meter and the best full view you will get on any other browser (even WGT's option too)

WGT should recommend MAXTHON 3 as the browser to use NOT CHROME, chrome is lame in comparison, smooth meter = maxthon

RSS