Stroke Play Score Average 63.15
    Best 9-Hole Round 30
    Best 18-Hole Round 60
    Total Ranked Rounds Played  460
    Who else has any ideas

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 2:53 PM

You're not alone. At Master tier, I was at 63.8 average and then I shot a 13 under par 59 on OAK and that only brought my average down to 63.63. I couldn't believe it and as it turned out; I had to shoot another 11 ranked rounds of 65,66,68,64,64,61,64,64,63,62 and 62 before my average became 63.0 exactly to reach the Tour Master tier. And if you notice, the average of those 11 rounds is only 63.9. So how the heck did that qualify me to reach exactly a 63.0 average but a "13 under" wouldn't????? Makes no sense to me. Anyway, it took me over 100 ranked rounds plus a few 9-hole really good sub par rounds before reaching TM. And that was all done before I reached Level 88 which allowed me to buy the R11 9.0 Driver. So if You were shocked that 6 under didn't get get you under a 63 average; just imagine how stunned I was that "13 under" didn't get me under a 63 average. :) So I guess he's right that it takes a 63.0 average to reach TM. But how they figured my last 11 rounds averaging 63.9 as a Master; all of a sudden, somehow becomes exactly a 63.0 average, is beyond me.

However, as I understood, any Tournament scores or Match-play scores Never count toward your regular ongoing average. So even if you shot a 9 under in that Ready Go tourney, it would not be used toward calculating your ongoing average but I could be wrong.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:17 PM

alosso:

Oldbayrunner:

Thats what it took for me! I had around 256 ranked rounds, 50 as a Master ( I counted them) and went to TM right when my avg. hit 63 on the nose. I know I counted them. So maybe not wrong

You are very good - I played 450+ Master rounds b4 I advanced.

Not all of mine and not all of yours counted to the average when we tiered up - that was the quintessenz of my statement.

You are correct not every ranked round counts towards lowering your average but it does count towards towards having enough ranked rounds to qualify. That's the easy part, getting the rounds to knock down your average is what is the hard part. Just like right now I have the ranked rounds to be able to qualify for Legend and at this point I have to score a 61 or better combined 9 or 18 hole to lower my current 61.9. I can get a slight lowering  with a 62 without any bogies for now but that will soon end.

Oldstir...I don't know about Ready Gos but I do know that shooting below your average in a CC tourney will lower your average as I do that all the time. I also believe that shooting lower than your average in the regular WGT tourneys will also but I am not completely positive on that. 

• nickywinmar
    20 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:05 PM

From what I have gathered from other threads on this topic, only ranked rounds in your current tier count towards your  average. Having said that however, once you reach a certain number of ranked rounds (which will be different for each tier) average stops going up and down. So a hign score above ave will not increase average. Thus no need to withdraw in order to protect average. Your profile will continue to show the total number of ranked rounds you have ever played in all tiers. I read somewhere from WGT that the rounds that count towards average must be rounds that have driving and putting for a full 9 or 18 holes with a score based on number of strokes ie stroke play rounds. Thus Alt shot and Matchplay currently dont count. Dont know how many rounds you need to from master to tour master but average is 63

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:23 PM

Oldstir:

You're not alone. At Master tier, I was at 63.8 average and then I shot a 13 under par 59 on OAK and that only brought my average down to 63.63. I couldn't believe it and as it turned out; I had to shoot another 11 ranked rounds of 65,66,68,64,64,61,64,64,63,62 and 62 before my average became 63.0 exactly to reach the Tour Master tier. And if you notice, the average of those 11 rounds is only 63.9. So how the heck did that qualify me to reach exactly a 63.0 average but a "13 under" wouldn't????? Makes no sense to me. Anyway, it took me over 100 ranked rounds plus a few 9-hole really good sub par rounds before reaching TM. And that was all done before I reached Level 88 which allowed me to buy the R11 9.0 Driver. So if You were shocked that 6 under didn't get get you under a 63 average; just imagine how stunned I was that "13 under" didn't get me under a 63 average. :) So I guess he's right that it takes a 63.0 average to reach TM. But how they figured my last 11 rounds averaging 63.9 as a Master; all of a sudden, somehow becomes exactly a 63.0 average, is beyond me.

However, as I understood, any Tournament scores or Match-play scores Never count toward your regular ongoing average. So even if you shot a 9 under in that Ready Go tourney, it would not be used toward calculating your ongoing average but I could be wrong.

The Master average counts only your best 40 rounds.

When your average was at 63.8, the worst ranked round in your best 40 Master rounds was a 66.  In fact, you had at least 10 66s in your best 40.

Your 59 replaced a 66, knocking 7 strokes off your 40 round total.  7/40 = .175, which after rounding is why your average went down .17.

You then had 9 more rounds that replaced 66s.  The total of those rounds was 569, the total of the 66s they replaced was 594.  594-569=25, and 25/40=.625, the amount needed (after rounding, here you get the .005 back that you "lost" before) to get you to 63.0.

Tournament and Ready-go scores definitely count towards an average.

Now that you're at Tour Master, your average will be calculated for your best 50 rounds.  

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:59 PM

minimum 40 ranked rounds with avg of 63 to go from M to TM ..

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:36 PM

Traumamedic:

SCORING
    TRAUMAMEDIC
    Stroke Play Score Average 63.15
    Best 9-Hole Round 30
    Best 18-Hole Round 60
    Total Ranked Rounds Played  460
    Who else has any ideas

You need to trim 6 strokes off your 40 best rounds since reaching Master (.15x40=6).  Your worst scores in your top 40 are probably 66s or 65s.   A single 30 might do it, a 29 would for sure. Or 2-3 63s, or a couple of 31s, and you could probably do it with 3-4 32s or 64s.

You can deduce what your worst score was the next time you shoot a round that drops your average.  Subtract your new average from the old, multiply the difference by 40, and add the result to whatever you just shot.  That's the score that got replaced by the better one.  

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:58 PM

You need a 63 average. The ready go score didn't register right away; everyone else has to finish playing before the scores show up in your profile.

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:18 AM

nickywinmar:
    average stops going up and down

I think this happens only once you reach the TM tier? Because once I got my average under 62.0 as a TM; I have recorded 13 ranked rounds none of which were lower than 64 and my average has always stayed at 61.94. So I guess it makes no difference what scores you shoot as TM and your average won't go up and will only go down if you start shooting alot of rounds under 61? But I have shot 27 rounds of 62 or lower including about 49 rounds of 63 or lower as a TM if that helps but I think my average should have gone back up over 62.0 due to my last 13 rounds of 64 or higher. Anyway you probably remain a TM for life unless you can get your average under 60 or 61. Either/or unless you just shoot a gazillion rounds as a TM and then they make you a Legend simply because you played So Many rounds and/or because you reached a high enough Level such as Level 97 or something perhaps? I have no idea and don't care. :) I'm happy to remain a TM forever because I can't afford to buy better balls to improve my game anymore anyway. :)

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:28 AM

You might be correct bhoese even though I don't understand your calculations. Because it still doesn't make any logical sense how my last 11 rounds as a Master, which averaged 63.9, out of the blue and all of a sudden, somehow became an exact 63.0 av? :) Indeed that's mathematically impossible.

RSS