Forums

Help › Forums

Someone please explain this to me

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 12 2012 2:31 PM (27 replies)
  • Traumamedic
    3 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 2:36 AM

I don't understand the tier system at all. I was under the impression that each time you tier up that the best store you shoot will enable you to advance. I just shot -6 under on 9 hole ready go but my best score hasn't changed. If someone can please take a look at my score history and let me know what I have to do to move up in the tiering system.

Thanks

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 9:06 AM

Hi

in general, when you tier up, then your scores are reset so first xx scores after your average will fluctuate alot. After 100's of rounds in that tier, your average will not change alot because you already have many scores down to calculate your average, so it may take 10 low scores to drop your avg by even .01.

-wgticon

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 9:47 AM

consecutive -5 will drop ypu about half a point

and thats about it

• Traumamedic
    3 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 3:25 PM

This still doesn't answer my question of what or when I will move up to the next tier

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 8:29 AM

There's no fixed rate of improvement because of the nature of a WGT average. It includes just a certain number of your best scores in your tier, and now that you have advanced so well it depends on the scores in that calculation.

Assumed that 66 (33 for 9 holes) be the highest number in it, only 65 or better would better the average, replacing that 66. In that event, your average would decrease by .025. That said, you will certainly see each improvement in your average.

It's safe to say that you have higher scores than 60 (30 from you RG) in the mix for 63.15, therefore the average must have improved from that result.

Maybe it didn't from the 35 you played later?

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 9:38 AM

50 ranked rounds as a Master and and average of 63 to move to Tour Master

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 11:03 AM

Oldbayrunner:

Sorry: Wrong

• bittydog
    623 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 11:19 AM

alosso:

Oldbayrunner:

I know your average has be be below 63 to make Tour master  (62.xx) but I have never seen the number of ranked rounds published anywhere. I know i had a little over 600 ranked rounds when I made Tour Master. And I think your level figures in there somewhere also.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 11:34 AM

alosso:

Oldbayrunner:

Thats what it took for me! I had around 256 ranked rounds, 50 as a Master ( I counted them) and went to TM right when my avg. hit 63 on the nose. I know I counted them. So maybe not wrong

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 12:43 PM

Oldbayrunner:

Thats what it took for me! I had around 256 ranked rounds, 50 as a Master ( I counted them) and went to TM right when my avg. hit 63 on the nose. I know I counted them. So maybe not wrong

You are very good - I played 450+ Master rounds b4 I advanced.

Not all of mine and not all of yours counted to the average when we tiered up - that was the quintessence of my statement.

RSS