Forums

Help › Forums

Cheaters

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 15 2012 1:53 PM (27 replies)
  • Alura
    1,398 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 8:10 AM

I agree that there should be signage in their equipment section. When I play with people I dont know I look at their equipment and also their tier and such. If I saw on there they were using putting boost or any of the (what I consider )  cheating items, then I finish that round but never play them again.  It is difficult to tell for sure.who is a cheat and who is not tho.

jus saying...

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 9:46 AM

sharonleonard:

A simple way to avoid cheaters may be to have it listed on their equipment along with their clubs and balls that they are using  aids...

What aids? Just because you can't do low scores, it doesn't mean others can't.

• maury62
    449 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 10:42 AM

HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT THE PEOPLE WHO SHOT LOW SCORES.. LOOK AT THE SCORING HISTORY THEY USUALLY ONLY HAVE PLAYE DTHAT COURSE A COUPLE OF TIMES. WELL  THINK . THEYARE USING A DIFFERENT  NAME TO PRACTICE AND THEN COME TO A TOURMANEMT AND  WIN.  LOOKNEXT TIME SOMEONE WINS .

• barbarella24
    513 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 12:15 PM

Alura:
    If I saw on there they were using putting boost

What's this? If I'm missing something in the pro shop that helps with putting I'll kick myself.

Please can someone be more specific about the 'aids' people are using.

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 2:01 PM

srellim234:

Simpler way to avoid cheaters. Don't play for credits. Or, if you insist on gambling, avoid tourneys where the cheaters routinely hang out. Also, don't play against anyone you don't know. Problem solved and nobody had to do any programming.

Kinda throwing the baby out with the bath water though.  Playing others for low-stakes credits is fun and a good way of making friends.  Outside of my CC I've made a lot of friends through match play games for credits and had follow up games.  I find that by playing for low stakes 100-250cr (75p-£1.75p) I can keep the match informal and fun, we can have a chat and a laugh and it doesn't matter who wins or loses.

Not much different to playing friends 20p a hole in real life and I've never known anyone feel that they were being fleeced by losing a quid or two over a golf match.

• WakeIsland
    213 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 2:43 PM

Blackpanther 11 Sandbags in Match Play, so just don't play him.  He has an avg score of 80 but is like leve 70 so he has access to all the good clubs, yet is classified as "pro" so he tees off from the short tees.  Add him to the list!

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 6:08 PM

sharonleonard:
    listing their cheating equipment on their profile

How would anyone know who's using cheat equipment. The user is not going to admit they are using it.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 6:29 PM

Listen to the fish, some people can do it, some can't. These accusations of the C word are older than this game. They were present way before WGT.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:25 PM

DAZZA501:

sharonleonard:
    listing their cheating equipment on their profile

How would anyone know who's using cheat equipment. The user is not going to admit they are using it.

Not all decks are full D...lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:28 PM

MBaggese:
    Not all decks are full D...lol

Ain't that the truth. Remember the guy that posted his scorecard in a screenshot that showed the cheat engine in the toolbar?  O^O

RSS