Forums

Help › Forums

Cheaters

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 15 2012 1:53 PM (27 replies)
  • sharonleonard
    20 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 6:24 PM

A simple way to avoid cheaters may be to have it listed on their equipment along with their clubs and balls that they are using  aids...that way you can pick and choose whether or not to play with them....Would be more fair to all.

Just an idea...better than losing players because of not having the choice at all.

• billcliff
    2,616 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 10:37 AM

Nice idea but how do you prove who is cheating?

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 12:22 PM

Simpler way to avoid cheaters. Don't play for credits. Or, if you insist on gambling, avoid tourneys where the cheaters routinely hang out. Also, don't play against anyone you don't know. Problem solved and nobody had to do any programming.

• sharonleonard
    20 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 2:10 PM
    anyone having the aids are more than likely using them I would think. hope people will get on the bandwagon with me...power in numbers.
  • Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 2:26 PM

What "aids" are you talking about?

Cheat programs?  Meter scales?  3-D glasses?

You might find people more willing to pile on the bandwagon if they had a clue why they were jumping on board.

Just sayin'.....

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 4:18 AM

srellim234:

........ don't play against anyone you don't know. Problem solved and nobody had to do any programming.

Hmmm..yes....but then.... where has the "meeting people" aspect gone?

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 4:59 AM

Players who cheat aren't going to admit they cheat. That would be like an athlete having a sign on their head saying "i use steroids". It's just not going to happen.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 5:37 AM

not the cheaters thing again.

you will never stamp out cheating in this game and most other games just as you will never stamp it out in real life sports.

cheating for some is just how it is.

look at the olympics in london.......since day one there have been 3 or 4,,,,sometimes even more athletes kicked out for failing drug / doping tests......and this is in the biggest sporting event of the calendar on the world's stage.

when there's competition......people will try to cheat to win.

tbe

• sharonleonard
    20 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 6:55 AM
    Well, my thought on that is if you give up on getting rid of cheaters, then they have won already, and if that is the case and its a losing proposition going in, then why play at all. My second thought when i proposed listing their cheating equipment on their profile is that eventually they would be not invited or accepted to play except maybe by other cheaters. And the honest players will have a game to enjoy. Even the olympians don't stop trying to stop the cheating.... Have a good day.
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:57 AM

7thwave:

srellim234:

........ don't play against anyone you don't know. Problem solved and nobody had to do any programming.

Hmmm..yes....but then.... where has the "meeting people" aspect gone?

The "meeting people" aspect is handled by paying attention around the forums and reviewing profiles to find out who's trustworthy. If you prefer to meet people "on the course", invite people for a non-credit game.

RSS