Help › Forums

Best Performance for Windows 7

Tue, Aug 14 2012 7:30 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 4:23 AM

+1 there is no need to downgrade your appearance

There are several things you can do in Windows 7 to optimize your computers performance. Along with these other suggestions you can go to Performance Information & Tools in Control panel. There you can find tools to check your computer and tweak various parts of your windows to optimize it. One I found very helpful for my system was to use a Flash Drive and utilize it for Ready Boost.

Other ways are to shut down Auto Scans and Auto updates on your Virus protection program

Most  video cards have tweaks & adjustments settings also.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 5:09 AM

Oldbayrunner:

+One I found very helpful for my system was to use a Flash Drive and utilize it for Ready Boost.

i'm trying this out .. maybe u can tell me how this works ? does it increase your pc's RAM availability by using the flash memory to access random memory bytes; thereby increasing overall processing speed ?

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 5:18 AM

Funny thing.

I have access and use 3 separate computers. I  have played the game on all of them. I have tried every browser imaginable,. including the new craze - Maxthon 3. This morning I was having some meter skips / stutters with FF and Chrome, so I reverted back to Old Faithful - IE. Well, after a little "house keeeping" I was pleasantly SURPRISED at how smooth IE was performing this morning. Now, this is not to say IE will run this smoooth all the time or for the remainder of the day for that matter, its like I mentioned at the very begining of this post - funny thing. Alllll the different browsers and alllll the different suggestions what to do, and how to do them and a simple clean up on IE and the smoothest meter I have had in some time,,,lol.

I am NOT a computer wiz by no means but sometimes the simplest solutions are the best resolve.

Stay tuned - I mat be coming back SCREAMING that IE SUCKS,,,,LOL

WOE! Just noticed - this is my 3,000th post. Man! Get a LIFE edge,,lol

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 7:30 AM

chris5214:

Oldbayrunner:

+One I found very helpful for my system was to use a Flash Drive and utilize it for Ready Boost.

i'm trying this out .. maybe u can tell me how this works ? does it increase your pc's RAM availability by using the flash memory to access random memory bytes; thereby increasing overall processing speed ?

ReadyBoost allows a USB drive to help cache memory. This helps improve the amount of physical memory available and increases the productivity of the hard drive installed in a system since it has a faster read and seek time. However if your Hard drive is 7200rpm or higher, than it wont have any effect.

The  idea of ReadyBoost is that a flash drive has a much faster seek time than a typical magnetic hard disk, allowing it to satisfy requests faster than reading files from the hard disk. It also gives windows the advantage of two sources from which to read data.. So when your RAM is full, Windows moves the cache to the PageFile which is then processed much faster on a USB drive than the hard disk, thus improving the overall speed.

• PAGES
RSS