Help › Forums

New Guy

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 10 2010 10:54 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BurketheDad
    12 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 6:40 PM

Hi all. Just found this site. Hope to play some good games with you all in the future, after I learn to putt better lol. I'm a Tiger Woods (Playstation 2) fan who, like Woods, is always looking for a better hole :P.

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 7:27 PM

Yup and welcome. Be sure to watch the putting tutorial, and there is a post by nivlac on putting as well.

Greg.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 9:43 PM

PorkyWalrus:

Yup and welcome. Be sure to watch the putting tutorial, and there is a post by nivlac on putting as well.

Greg.

Greg is right, Nivlac's putting tips is a great read for anyone struggling with putting. You can check that out here. If you have any other questions feel free to ask here on the forums, there are some very helpful guys and gals out there. Good luck with your game!

Rehill

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 12:09 AM

Most epic Tiger Woods pun ever! 

Welcome to the forums/game man, hope you enjoy it like 98% of the members here do! 

• BurketheDad
    12 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 6:08 AM

thanks for the friendly replies :) I hope after a few days of manic obsesive struggling I'll have it down to an art. And I love the "can't throw my putter at the next fiarway over" feature. It's really helping my blood pressure :)

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 1:05 PM

Hi all, I have just joined. So posting to say hello. Great game. Peter

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 8:11 PM

Hi Peter. Welcome to WGT. Don't forget to read the FAQ's to the right. They will help you get off to a good start.  : )

• Neandrathal
    32 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 11:18 AM
    Hey to Burk & Pete,hope you have lotsa fun.:) ...N...
  • PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 3:01 PM

Oh, I am.

Damned addictive. Have already upset the wife. One, by being online too much. Two, by losing it in the first week. If you have seen Angry German Kid on YouTube, you will know what I mean - except I am 45 years old. Wife didn't speak to me for a couple of hours. Mouse in the air, seat thrown back and a plethora of naughty words.

Now I am a bit more circumspect about scoring a quad bogey on hole 13 or 17 od St Andrews after going along at -3. The glass green at hole 2 is a wind up though. As was the green at hole 2 of the Oakmont tournament.

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:35 PM

PeterHopper:

Oh, I am.

Damned addictive. Have already upset the wife. One, by being online too much. Two, by losing it in the first week. If you have seen Angry German Kid on YouTube, you will know what I mean - except I am 45 years old. Wife didn't speak to me for a couple of hours. Mouse in the air, seat thrown back and a plethora of naughty words.

Now I am a bit more circumspect about scoring a quad bogey on hole 13 or 17 od St Andrews after going along at -3. The glass green at hole 2 is a wind up though. As was the green at hole 2 of the Oakmont tournament.

I had to laugh. I've already broken a mouse due to throwing it in the air, and it's a difficult habit to get out of as well. I've also turned the air a seriously deep shade of blue at times too. Fortunately my partner plays a different online game, so I can get away with spending hours playing this. ;)

#17 on St Andrews is my nemesis hole. In spite of having several good birdie putt chances, I've so far only even got par there twice, but sure as hell racked up plenty bogey's, doubles etc. With Oakmont #2 unless you get lucky and pop it in for an eagle, which I'd so love to do, it can drive you insane.

• PAGES
RSS