Forums

Help › Forums

"Watawieh Norfuk Ailendars"

Thu, Aug 16 2012 8:35 AM (3 replies)
  • PinkPanther88
    6 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 11:10 AM

Hmmm... couldn't help noticing that there are 121 Players registered from my Island...

Possible? ...sure, I suppose.

Plausible? ... (sniff)... I do wonder aloud...

Let's do some math, shall we?

There are presently 2,200 of us (give or take) and 63.9% of us are within a ruff playing age range (15 - 64)...which leaves 1406 of us more or less eligible to have registered over WGT's life.

Translated, this means that in any gathering of 12 Islanders... there is a WGT player (granted, past & present).

Hmmmmm (again)... I personally, do not know of anybody else HERE who even knows that WGT EXISTS.

So. let me play around with this (and this is all in fun)... are folks randomly selecting a country of origin?... or, (I'm flattered of course) are incoming players selecting Norfolk Island because we are so awesome?

It's funny and not just a little ironic really, to think that there are these foster citizens around... Yes, my Island is friendly and UBER-RICH in natural beauty... but to "lay a lay claim" to being one of us, might be questionable thinking to some... (especially the British Aristocracy).

Do they know that they are grouping themselves with 6 plus generations of us folk who came from arguably history's most famous fugitives? In 1856, 194 persons, ALL descendants of 9 of the Mutineers of the HMS Bounty, landed on Norfolk Island at Sydney Bay, fleeing from Pitcairn Island (apparently no Country Club on Pitcairn)...

Be our "guest Islanders" if you will, for we are a tough and honorable people... (just don't get on our bad side)   LOL

(Are there actually 121 computers on Norfolk?... (wink))

Have fun everyone... whoever you are!

~Hannah-Lee

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 3:47 AM

Hit it straight and have fun Hannah-Lee!

No clue where all these ppl come from - maybe you have less stringent gambling laws than your big neighbours AUS and NZL?

Another unexpected country of residence is Antarctica - a few hundred players come from there (apparently), including one Legend.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 5:16 AM

Ha Ha Hannah Lee,

You should start your own cc and invite them all to join. That would give them a shock.

''The Norfolk Island Golf Club cordially invites you, as an Islander to join.....'' Will sort the true from the false, he he

Mel

• PinkPanther88
    6 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 8:35 AM

I know...  queried one girl (anon) about her Antarctic origin... ie: How's life?

How are the greens at Dome C Station holding up?

She retorted, "Oh, I'm from Antarctica originally... but I now live in Atlanta...

(sigh...)

Thanx for playing along...

~Hannah-Lee

RSS