Forums

Help › Forums

WGT eating my balls

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 9 2012 1:30 PM (37 replies)
  • russellie
    668 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:30 AM

3 x 9 hole round and 3 balls gone. what's going on.  you have taken 3 balls away for wear & tear . Calloways as well not cheap you know, has the life expectancy suddenly taken a dive. perhaps that will teach me not to bulk buy.

Cheapies in future, shooting yourself in the foot for being greedy as usual.

• s0niido
    25 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:05 PM

!!!Disclaimer !!!! I apolagise in advance for my bad grammar ( i never studyied english in school )

Your completly right my friend, i saw that myself, the averege life spam of a ball as gone down if a play a couple of rounds a day a hole sleeve is gone in 2 days max, and i'm talking about the 250c Callys, they r not nikes butt they sure r expensive. I think WGT is doing this on porpuse to increase theyr income.

I think the average life spam of a ball/sleeve should be at least 1.5 times more than it is right now, considering that not everyone has the posibilite to earn free credits enough to afford good balls like the cally's, if not for my good firend SEBICU, ho recently moved up to Tour Legend ( respect friend ), that gifted me alot of sleevs of 250c Callys i would have played those awfull starter balls because i can only score about 75 credit / week with earn free credits. On that note i also like to give a 1k thanks to my other fellow countryman MIHMARIACI for sending me my dream iron set as a gift ( L79 Burners 2.0 ), GOD BLESS good friends for making this game much much more enjoyable.

So to summ this up, is something stinking in Denmark and it eint theyr cheese.

I'm also asking anyone that has a clue, in how to make a petition and / or vote to draw wgt attention on this matter.

• quatum123
    11 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 11:19 PM

I think WGT is Getting to Exspencive , The Balls cost way to much, an the Free Ball is about the worst ball you could ever use ... Seems like with all the Money they make on Clubs the could put a better Ball in as the free ball an Lower prices on the Balls you have to buy... I.ve to get many of my Friends to play an they All say the same thing It Cost to Much........I truely Agree.....

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 9:45 AM

russellie:

3 x 9 hole round and 3 balls gone. what's going on.  you have taken 3 balls away for wear & tear . Calloways as well not cheap you know, has the life expectancy suddenly taken a dive. perhaps that will teach me not to bulk buy.

Cheapies in future, shooting yourself in the foot for being greedy as usual.

hi:)

are you losing them or something is taking them away?

can you drop us an email please at members@worldgolftour.com and refer to our conversation.

-wgticon

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 10:23 AM

I was expecting a fun read with a thread title such as this one.

Just a matter of time, I think.  ;-)

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 10:50 AM

eeeuuuwh ..

agonizing ..

WGT bustin' my balls i can relate to .. 

breakin' in the Bladez WGT chomped 3 of my bollocks as well .. i feel ur pain

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 10:50 AM
    dp
  • puttersman
    240 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 12:11 PM

I play with the black max balls at 675 credits and they have very little life span. I agree we are getting ripped , hell they can't even give us different colours to choose from. I will switch back to a cheaper ball. Also if you run out of a certain ball during a game, why can't they default to your next best ball, instead of the crappy white ones.

• easternguy
    301 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 12:48 PM

Also if you run out of a certain ball during a game, why can't they default to your next best ball, instead of the crappy white ones.

...because in real golf you have to play the same make and model throughout your round.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sat, Dec 8 2012 2:44 AM

These kind of topics keep coming back and that's for a reason. I completely agree with the overall feeling that the balls are way too expensive. That's why I choose to not buy them and play the free balls only. Everyone has the choice to do the same.

In the meantime I gather credits for my future equipment (see http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/139440/928157.aspx#928157 if interested in my plans) and while I'm at it pick up some sleeves of better balls in some of my CC tourneys, so when I have my desired equipment I can try the real difference between the free ball and the credits costing balls.

I'm not looking for the best scores ever made, I'm looking for fun. Feeling ripped off takes away from the fun, but nobody puts a gun to my head, forcing me to buy balls...

Now, about the best scores ever made... I wonder if some legendary players from the past (about whom you can read on this forum) have "some" more computer skills than average..... and then it's not mouse clicking skills I am talking about.

Reading into the subject of cheating I understand this game is potentially rather vulnerable to that and there's not much proof of WGT having this under control. So probably still a lot of cheaters around this game. PLS correct me if I'm wrong.

So, buying balls to be able to compete in ready go's means you probably are being ripped off 3 times. Balls are too expensive - wear is ridiculous -  and then the 3rd rip off takes place when you loose your credits to guys using bots and all that kind of bs..... no, not me.

Would there be interest in a "Free Ball Only Country Club" ?

R.

RSS