Help › Forums

Urgent Flash Update

Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:19 AM (29 replies)
  • Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 1:22 AM

Milfshake:

Thank you.

I agree! I just played a round of 9 hole with the new update on chrome with the other disabled, and it was smooth on meter for me. I won't try firefox again until firefox 15 is released.

• swh67
    1,491 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 1:46 AM

like most of ppl ,got sick of chrome nothing but trouble for over a month now, running maxthon3 now , is faster better graphics on mine as well, screen shot built in,ad hunter if u need it, mines works better without blocking adds,it has been 95% of the times very smooth, but connection and something not right ?, with ppl getting booted out or freezing is still there,i have little glitches thru web traffic / connection issues but all round much better browser for me ...lol saying that ill have probs 2nite baha

• Idorablo
    6 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 3:38 AM

It's not all bad news - there's gonna be a simple competition starting to try make amends for all the Flashplayer hassles over the last couple of years. You just make a phrase from a selection of words they give you.

Your words for August are SUCKS, TIME, ADOBE and BIG

They might add STILL in September

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 4:05 AM

swh67:

like most of ppl ,got sick of chrome nothing but trouble for over a month now, running maxthon3 now , is faster better graphics on mine as well, screen shot built in,ad hunter if u need it, mines works better without blocking adds,it has been 95% of the times very smooth, but connection and something not right ?, with ppl getting booted out or freezing is still there,i have little glitches thru web traffic / connection issues but all round much better browser for me ...lol saying that ill have probs 2nite baha

+1

• Spengler
    17 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 11:11 PM

No idea what this update was suppose to accomplish. Meter is still jerky, not smooth at all and this is with chrome. Seems to work better when using the windows explorer.

From where I stand no fix at all 

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 12:17 AM

Spengler:
    Seems to work better when using the windows explorer.

Same here !

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 1:05 AM

thebigeasy707:

Get with it folks.....Chrome & Firefox are ponies for playing this game. They are so unreliable with the ongoing flash issues.

Maxthon3 Rocks!

Hey thanx heaps thebigeasy i totally agree this is one smooth ass browser  !

And thank you for the link , much appreciated  !

dflop  !

• gazzabomb
    2 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 1:40 PM

So which would u advise

• BilboFraggins
    3 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:19 AM

My Chrome doesn't seem to want to update, still on 11.3.

Any ideas what might be up?

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:01 AM

gazzabomb:

So which would u advise

Maxthon3 Beta version...

Couple of recent discoveries I made since using Maxthon3. I discovered mid to Higher cpu usage will cause the meter to skip

#1. Use the cpu meter in the status bar Maxthon3 or if you like using full screen like I do, then you can use the Cpu meter in found in Windows Gadgets coupled with a little program called Always on Top Maker to help with meter jerkiness or skips. By holding your swing until your cpu usage meter drops to the lowest amount then releasing your meter should smooth out. I've been doing this and virtually No skips so far at all. It works akin to holding your back swing but the difference is you can tell when to release better.

#2. One of the biggest Cpu usage gobblers I found on my computer was Java. I uninstalled it from my computer and am encountering much less continued High cpu usage. If you don't want to uninstall it then end the process in your task manager prior to game play. I didn't see in gamebooster3 how to include ending it.

Doing either or both of these may save you some meter aggrevation. I say may because each computer is different so what might work on some may not work on others.

RSS