Forums

Help › Forums

Urgent Flash Update

Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:19 AM (29 replies)
  • WGTwildcat
    648 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 2:05 PM

URGENT FLASH UPDATE: Adobe’s latest Flash update version 11.4 appears to fix the remaining issues playing World Golf Tour using Flash in your Web browser. Visit the Adobe Flash site (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4637119#4637119) to download the latest version for your web browser.

All users:

Google Chrome users: we recommend keeping the built-in Pepper Flash disabled and automatic updates turned off for now.

• If you’re using Chrome, please type the following into your browser bar: chrome://plugins/
    • Make sure you have 11.4.402.265 enabled and installed. Disable all other versions of Flash.

*Note: This is an update to our previous post about game play issues and Flash.

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 2:18 PM

Well thats just buggered my metre up big time, i cannot play with this update, one thing i noticed looking in task manager was i now have two Flash player processes running when before i only had one, gonna go back to my old version

Gladstoned  :(

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 2:25 PM

I'm not noticing any difference between this and the built-in Chrome one. Both are a bit choppy.

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 2:25 PM

Correction-

just gone back to the old version & now its fine again, checked task manager & there are no processes named flash just firefox & plugin

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 2:39 PM

After weeks of trying to sort it ,downloaded this version & back to all over the place...Should've tested it b4 ready-go,instead of trusting wgt.Stick with what has been working for you..(if it is the above version or not).another  week on computer to get rid of this i suppose.Frustrated once more..Andy

• 01Geezer
    35 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 3:34 PM

WGTwildcat:

Google Chrome users: we recommend keeping the built-in Pepper Flash disabled and automatic updates turned off for now.

• If you’re using Chrome, please type the following into your browser bar: chrome://plugins/
    • Make sure you have 11.4.402.265 enabled and installed. Disable all other versions of Flash.

*Note: This is an update to our previous post about game play issues and Flash.

about:plugins   in the browser address bar ..also works

Several folks that I have helped with this issue over the past 2 weeks+
    have reported that  version 11.4.402.265.. was an improvement over the other auto updates..However still NOT as buttery smooth as version 11.3.300.268 and have .Gone back to version 11.3.300.268

Thanks WGTwildcat for addressing the issue

AND keep on trying ADOBE :)

side note... BTW peeps ...ATI just released new video display drivers :)

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 3:37 PM

I always wait to see who has what to say about any updates..

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 3:52 PM

This Will Only Work as long as long as you disable the SHOCKWAVE VERSION CONTAINING THE PEPPER PLAYER FLASH... And guess what the next time Chrome or adobe updates, Chrome will re-enable the problematic flash once again and viola there goes the meter until you go back in and disable it again & again & again. It has become Chromes revolving door..This is what has been happening for the past 3 weeks. Samo Samo garbage

Just for giggles I downloaded this new version 11.4  and left the Newest Chrome added shock wave that updated with it Enabled. Lo and behold the meter was Jumpy and wouldn't stop when I clicked my mouse.. Needless to say once again Chrome is not on my computer nor will it be.

Chrome works great and has worked great on every Flash update as long you you keep disabling the problem Chrome Shockwave addition. People who have gotten tired of dealing with it have discontinued using Chrome and are much happier. ME for one...GO MAXTHON3

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 4:13 PM

Thank you.

RSS