Forums

Help › Forums

continue/forfeit screen

Tue, Sep 18 2012 4:19 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • EndaBunkers
    39 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 6:37 PM

When playing alternate shot games, and somebody crashes the game and the window jams, or i get a rare disconnect, we are brought to the continue/forfeit screen. The continue button doesnt seem to work at all; when it used to. It will allow you to use the forfeit button, but not the continue one. Everything else works fine for me, my meter is fine, transitions, quick loads, everything perfect. Yet this problem which wasnt happening 2 or 3 weeks ago is happening 100% for me now. This is starting to really annoy me, i hate leaving other players hanging there, because i hate to get left hanging there myself.

Can somone please tell me why this is happening and how to fix it. Can others who are also getting this problem write up here as well, because i know im not the only one ..........ty EB

PS - I am aware this is a double post in the bug logs, and apologies for that, but i am determined to get somebodies attention. ty again

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 5:21 AM

What works for me when this happens is close the game screen and completely exit WGT then come back on. Then click your play button and it will take you back and usually then the continue will work. On rare ocassion I have had to log off and back on. This can be done in ample time before the clock expires.

Usually friends will wait. Others, not so much.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 5:23 AM

Oldbayrunner:
    What works for me when this happens is close the game screen and completely exit WGT then come back on.

Do you actually log off to do this? Just Xing out of the browser doesn't do it for me. After hitting Continue and stalling, hitting the Forfeit button re-activates the Continue button but if you then hit Continue, you get the "there is a problem..." message.

FWIW, I see this problem but only if the WGT pop up ad shows up on the restart, before you see the buttons active.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 7:40 AM

YankeeJim:

Oldbayrunner:
    What works for me when this happens is close the game screen and completely exit WGT then come back on.

Do you actually log off to do this? Just Xing out of the browser doesn't do it for me. After hitting Continue and stalling, hitting the Forfeit button re-activates the Continue button but if you then hit Continue, you get the "there is a problem..." message.

FWIW, I see this problem but only if the WGT pop up ad shows up on the restart, before you see the buttons active.

x2....COMPLETELLY ANOYYING!

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 9:42 AM

Some times I have to log off wgt but most of the time when I exit out and come back in it will allow me to continue. If it doesn't the first time I try then I will log out and back in. 

I have the Ads blocked so I don't see them anymore.  The seconds ticking off and the delay for the ad is still there though.

• EndaBunkers
    39 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 9:52 AM

YankeeJim:

Oldbayrunner:

Yes, this is a very good description of what I am experiencing, thank you YJ. A week or 3 ago it was just an occasional annoyance, but now i seem to be suffering with it every time i am brought to that screen.  Shutting down my browser, clearing the cache etc, and retrying simply doesnt work. I dont see how shutting down the computer and restarting it will change anything as that is effectively what I am doing (browser restart and cache clear). Please note that i am reluctant to simulate these conditions and try different things when other peoples games are at risk.

But seriously, this course of action doesnt really cut the mustard; live with it, keep restarting your computer and get on with it, thats the way it is and it cant be changed; is this an acceptable answer?

This part of the game is so much fun, by far the best craic and enjoyed by many, many people on here and as such, is deserving of a proper reply. I request someone from admin to come on here and explain why this has to be so. It would be great if we could get an official explanation for something that must be really easy to fix, and for why it is happening? Searching here, and this seems to be a long running problem with a number of posts and all of them bereft of an official reply. It is surely just a broken link that causes the trouble?

Looking forward to your reply admin. Thanks again, EB

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 10:02 AM

Oldbayrunner:
    I have the Ads blocked so I don't see them anymore.  The seconds ticking off and the delay for the ad is still there though.

Same here but that doesn't block WGT's ads and that's when it happens for me.

• EndaBunkers
    39 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 1:17 PM

YankeeJim:

Oldbayrunner:

Same here but that doesn't block WGT's ads and that's when it happens for me.

Would like to bump this as the problem is still as consistant as ever. Last time i played i had the same thing happen and upon taking the above on board i decided not to click the close button on the wgt advert and the screeen remained active, allbeit with advert overlayed upon the continue/forfeit screen as i waited for players to reconnect. Everybody reconnected to the game, yet as i was the host player, it was up to me to re-hit the tee-off button and as such had to then hit the close advert. This jammed everything as expected and ditched me and i was then unable to re-enter as you get the usual error screen.

YJ above here is dead right, it is the wgt in-house adverts that cause the screen jam. Could i request that you remove these just from the RE-CONNECT LOBBY ONLY, it must surely be causing a lot of other people added grief and pain as well, from the perspective of the  recent changes that have been implemented.

Either way, could we please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please..........................................get a reply to this issue, PLEASE

ty, EB

• EndaBunkers
    39 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 4:09 PM

BUMP AN ALL

Sitting there ready to play and they think your gone away, i dont mind losing not in the slightest, not even this way, but its damn embarressing. Get the finger out wgt, this wud drive ya doolally..........

....awaiting the inevitable silence, ty EB

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2012 11:20 AM

We've got a bug, folks.

We are aware of the problem with the "forfeit screen" and our engineers are working toward a fix. As soon as they tell me any sort of update on this matter, I will be sure to post it. Thanks for your patience in the mean time.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• PAGES
RSS