Forums

Help › Forums

AS games

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 27 2012 6:20 AM (6 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 7:51 PM

I have just wasted 45 minutes trying to play an AS game. I tried to start 8 games with TM or higher, couldn't get 4 players. Tried to join a game, had 6 pop up. Would get 4 players any rank from hack to master, as soon as they saw a Legend they bailed. Kids, if you are going to dick around stay the hell out of AS games, it is just for fun, it doesn't make or break you. Either join or go golfsturbate with yourself.

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 2:06 PM

I have the same troubles trying to get stroke games. Do Legends even play MP stroke here?

I'm a lousy Legend as far as it goes. 1 week as a legend and even less time with new irons.

Usually I have to set it for TM+ then start with at least 3 (after waiting 5+ minutes to fill) because one always quits for whatever reason.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 2:42 PM

I didn't mean to sound ugly on my original post, but I have seen the same thing again today. People, it is good practice, you can get and give help. You meet some interesting people, get extra points and the win/loss factor is totally irrelevant. It does not affect your average, and they can be a lot of fun. If you hit join and then see higher ranked players, don't bail out, stay in there and enjoy the round. I have never dissed my p for a bad shot, and my p has never been rude to me. The worst I have ever heard from a partner was bad luck p, it's not our round. Anyone can live with that.

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 3:24 PM

I don't mind AS in theory, however in actual play a few things irk me:

#1) Over Geared, Under Tiered players

#2) Team stacking

#3) the constant spamming of ns, vns, etc. after the easiest of shots such as hitting a fairway from tee or a green from fairway. I don't like getting or taking credits for apparently nice shots that are nothing more than luck (as in I hit it badly or not as planned yet it turned out good somehow). I don't mind giving or getting kudos for good recovery shots, saves and the like, though.

#4) The tremendous amount of disconnects/quitters.

Yes, people do seem rather fixated on their stats, funny because they are usually engaged in gaming them thus rendering them fake and worthless.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 6:06 PM

FamousBeef:

Yes, people do seem rather fixated on their stats, funny because they are usually engaged in gaming them thus rendering them fake and worthless.

^ That's it right there.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 9:33 PM

Add me if you want a partner for alt games, I am always game to whoop up on some clowns.

CerinoDevoti:

FamousBeef:

^ That's it right there.

And I agree with this as well.   ^^^^

Rich

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 6:20 AM

I'm with you both.  I play for fun and friendly competition with some smack talk.  

Playing with Legends and TM's has helped me tremendously.  Sure, when I started, they were a bit intimidating, but they aren't in A/S, match, or stroke games for competition usually.  They are there to socialize and possibly give a little back.

Just keep searching, guys.  Your friend lists will grow with your kind of people eventually.  But, if you ever want to let the mouth fly in a fun way....look me up.

RSS